GDT: Leafs @ Panthers. We clinch our playoff matchup tonight. 7:30PM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
If Matthews plays tonight, the pessimist in me just defaults to "Another way Florida is going to ruin a good Leafs moment".

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Mostly a nothing game other than the opportunity to maybe get a read on how effective our line matchups go.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Disgusts me to say this, but need Florida to win tonight. Nothing quite like a Boston-Toronto series, even if it brings bad memories

Reactions: Frostitute

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Disgusts me to say this, but need Florida to win tonight. Nothing quite like a Boston-Toronto series, even if it brings bad memories

It's a terrible dragon to face and they have our number really bad but hey... gotta beat the best to be the best I guess?

Reactions: Gallagbi

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Both Boston and Florida are proven playoff performers so it really doesn't matter at this point. They either got what it takes or they don't. Simple as.

Actually, Boston is not really a proven playoff team at all.

Over the past 3 years as they’ve transitioned to this current core group in the post pandemic era, they have lost in the first round 2 years in a row and 3 years ago they won 1 single round. So aside from all their Masshole exuberance, they’re about as mediocre as the Leafs in the playoffs since Covid.

One first round series victory in 3 years.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Things I think I'd like to see tonight...

(1) No injuries
(2) Matthews' 70th goal
(3) Nylander's 100th point
(4) At least 25% PP
(5) No PP goals against
(6) Solid performance by Woll

The only bad part about all that, is the Leafs would more than likely win lol

I figure BOS takes care of business vs a really lame OTT team, so the result of this game will not matter.

Last edited:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Over the past 3 years as they’ve transitioned to this current core group in the post pandemic era, they have lost in the first round 2 years in a row and 3 years ago they won 1 single round. So aside from all their Masshole exuberance, they’re about as mediocre as the Leafs in the playoffs since Covid.

But if you go back 10 years.

1713297524090.png

Leafs

1713297567200.png

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Well why would you go back 10 years and compare them to us? We were tanking in 2015 and had yet to draft Marner or Matthews and hadn't called up Willy yet? Boston was a contender at the time and had Marchand, Bergeron and Rask playing for them.
Why go back 3? Hell if you go back two, they have no playoff wins. 10 years because that is how long Shanny has been here.

Sammy McKee thinks Bruins mailed it in last night o they can face the Leafs. I'll buy it if the lose to the Sens tonight.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Why go back 3? Hell if you go back two, they have no playoff wins. 10 years because that is how long Shanny has been here.
I don't think going back 3 is the right idea but going back 10 definitely isn't either when trying to compare the current versions of the Leafs and Bruins.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I don't think going back 3 is the right idea but going back 10 definitely isn't either when trying to compare the current versions of the Leafs and Bruins.
Hard to compare. Both probably think they should have better results over the past 3-6 years.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Sammy McKee thinks Bruins mailed it in last night o they can face the Leafs. I'll buy it if the lose to the Sens tonight.

Would they know better not to play that game? It could come back and bite them.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Would they know better not to play that game? It could come back and bite them.
Yup somebody said that yesterday night on this board and Kyper responded the same way.

Luke thinks playing at the TD Garden would not be good for Leafs. Says Panthers D has been lights out. Both our poison.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suntouchable13

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I really hope the Leafs don't take the bait and feel they have to send a message or set the tone for their potential series against the Panthers.

The only "tone" or message that counts is that one that starts Saturday. Tonight is absolutely meaningless (outside of AM's chase for 70) and the best thing this team could do is treat it as such.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC

Actually of all the top teams in the league Boston has one of the spottier playoff records.

Okay, okay! Sold! f*** Boston!

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
No offence, but why the hell would we go back 10 years to look at Boston’s playoff record when the vast majority of their guys are on the alumni team?

Chara, Bergeron, Krejci, Rask, Krug, McQuaid, Seidenberg, Lucic, Hamilton, Campbell, Cassidy, Julien whatever, whomever else are all gone.
That is Shanny's run. You can go back 5-7 years but 3 years is too small a sample size IMO. Hell if you look at the last two years, the Leafs have won more playoff series than the Bruins.

Reactions: Suntouchable13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad