Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Three things:

- no injuries
- Matthews gets #70
- NO f***ING INJURIES

I don’t particularly care about the rest of the game.

I think this is going to have more of a playoff vibe... this is our first round matchup, not too concerned about the score as much as hoping this gets a little rough and our team gets ready for the playoffs.

Hoping no injuries, Matthews gets his 70th, Lub throws his first hit, and Nylander has a 3pt night.

Reactions: arso40

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Kind of weird having a somewhat meaningful game this late into the season

Past 8 years we’ve basically had meaningless nothing games after like game 65 lol

70 tonight ! GLG

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kind of weird having a somewhat meaningful game this late into the season

Past 8 years we’ve basically had meaningless nothing games after like game 65 lol

70 tonight ! GLG

Random comment but I remember one year in 1994 the Leafs had a home and home series vs Chicago in Game 83 and 84 which we split 1-1 before starting a 7 game first round series vs… Chicago. We won the series in 6 but it basically was an 8 game series that could have gone the full 9 straight vs the same team. I think home ice was on the line but don’t remember exactly. Don’t think there was any load management and it was just Potvin vs Belfour.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Win. I hate watching a series against Boston, so please win.

If Matthews got 70 and Nylander got 100, that would be great, too.

Reactions: aingefan

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Win. I hate watching a series against Boston, so please win.

If Matthews got 70 and Nylander got 100, that would be great, too.

I am almost feel like maybe it’s better to get them to go to Boston first. Not sure if too much sun and fun will lead to them being focused for game 1 against the Panthers. Make them haul their asses to Boston. But really, probably doesn’t matter much. Just need to beat whoever.

Reactions: banks

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I am almost feel like maybe it’s better to get them to go to Boston first. Not sure if too much sun and fun will lead to them being focused for game 1 against the Panthers. Make them haul their asses to Boston. But really, probably doesn’t matter much. Just need to beat whoever.
The Leafs will beat whoever they play in round 1 and 2, so it doesn't matter.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Three things:

- no injuries
- Matthews gets #70
- NO f***ING INJURIES

I don’t particularly care about the rest of the game.
This.

I would also like to see Woll put in a strong performance.

Our goaltending the last gew games has not been inspiring going into the playoffs.

Reactions: OddyOh

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
As long as we come out of this with no injuries I won’t really care what the result is

This game is meaningless to standings for obvious reasons. It’s also meaningless in terms of send any message, whether if we were to try to blow them out or beat them up. Game 1 will reset everything

If Matthews gets 70 great, if not then whatever. Woll being solid would be really nice as it would give us a backup plan to lean on if Samsonov falters

Reactions: Sypher04

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Win or lose, it will be a game of odd match ups, just stay healthy

I won't be concerned if Leafs lose. Ideally Matthews gets his 70th and is given sheltered minutes against T.B, heavier minutes for the Domi, McMann replacements.

Florida needs to know that this team is more united in their defense of one another, from JT to Reilly, they have decided they won't be run out of a building or assaulted after every whistle. Reaves, Bert and Domi for what it is worth were picked up to handle this type of team both on the ice and in the alley.

The league hasn't changed and has made it clear it won't change come playoffs. If you can't beat them, join them. The Leafs of the 1990s and early 2000s certainly built some very N/S heavy teams and they had plenty of success in the playoffs just not enough talent to get them over the hump.

This team hopefully has found that balance I have preached for five years. I said the same of last years incarnation but the difference is this year, guys like Reilly and JT seem to be onboard, a little more passionate and ornery. Good.

Reactions: Rob Brown and weems

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Yep, time for Wonderwoll to build a little more trust and momentum for himself.
I have a sneaking suspicion that he is going to have to play, if not in round one, sometime in these playoffs. So agreed, he needs to get right.

For those singing in your head:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad