Leafs need to address the goaltending.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What is Samsonov's save percentage in his last 10 or 20 games? I suspect it is better than Varlamov's during the same period. I understand people wanting to upgrade, but spending big money on a goalie is a terrible roster construction idea.

No it Isn't, goaltending is the most important position in hockey you should be spending money there if you are a good team.

The Leafs are a borderline great team held back by below average goaltending.

it's time to bring in a real goalie so that they don't need to win 6-4.

It's time to bring in a guy that can play well against everybody not just teams like Buffalo.

and they have to bring in a goalie anyway because they have 1 guy under contract and he's injury prone.

You have to do it anyway so do it right.

I have no confidence they will do it right but I hope they do.

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
Samsonov it is

Woll just ain't it
No worrys. Murray is on his way back!

1712196362066.png

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
A thing I appreciate about Sammy's game when he's on is how much of a battler he is in net. This save last night is a prime example.

It's the type of never give up on the puck save that helped the Leafs finally exorcise some first round demons and get past Tampa.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
But, but, he's no good, I read it here, gosh darn it.

Look, I get that he isn't the best goalie in the world, but if you're a results oriented person, Sammy has been pretty, pretty good the last couple of months.

And if he keeps this up until June, I will GLADLY take the L but until then I don't trust him because even in that 18-3-1 run that you posted there is still to many flashes of bad Samsonov.

Case in point up by 2 against Carolina with under 2 minutes to go and losing.

Or almost blowing it against Florida

Almost blowing it against the Oilers.

Of that 18-3-1 run that you posted how much of that is Samsonov vs how much of that is the offense carrying him?

The record is good but like I said there are still WAY to many flashes of bad Samsonov.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
So? We know what kind of numbers he had in the regular season last year. Then he had only 1 really good game in the playoffs (game 6 @Tampa). I don't trust him in a playoff situation. Can he put up similar numbers in the playoffs? That's the big question
Samsonov was better than Vasilevski. Thats all you need to know. He is very capable.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
It looks like the best strategy is just to take one goalie every draft forever. We have Woll and Hildeby, last time we had two own growns this good was Wregget and Bester.

Reactions: OddyOh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad