Post-Game Talk: Leafs Make A Meaningless Game Out of Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Well, maybe since tomorrow really is a nothing game for both teams they'll play lose defence and Matthews can get it over with.

Reactions: Wrong Wilson

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Leave Matthews at 69. I'm convinced that the pursuit of 70 has cost us a couple of games with everyone deferring to Matthews instead of possibly taking the better shot.

Well, Matthews is also trying to tee up Ovechkin styles to get 'er done which takes him out of the rhythm of playing that dominant center game he had been developing with Domi and Bertuzzi. And all we're left with is Marner ice dancing with all lanes cut off. It's an awful look.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Leave Matthews at 69. I'm convinced that the pursuit of 70 has cost us a couple of games with everyone deferring to Matthews instead of possibly taking the better shot.
We are the best team in the division if Keefe learns to coach special teams.

Yes we can beat Boston. Better choice than FL.

• Haha
Reactions: Al14 and Sypher04

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I wish we could just skip tmrw's game. We could score 10 goals and shut them out and it would do nothing. If we lose in similar fashion, it will create more doubt. No winning scenario here.

Saturday needs to come real soon

Reactions: glue and authentic

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Well, maybe since tomorrow really is a nothing game for both teams they'll play lose defence and Matthews can get it over with.

If I know one thing, Tampa will hype themselves up to spoil it for Matthews and the Leafs will convince themselves it's a meaningless game. That's. How. It. Works.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Pathetic effort after the 1st period. Our Leafs look like they're really ready for cottage and golf season. Playing solid hockey not on their minds whatsoever.

They looked like a lottery team in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Oh, and I'm sick of Nylander avoiding contact instead of making a play and taking the hit.

Once again, it's so obvious, it's sickening !!! The same penalties called against our Leafs, are completely ignored against Florida.

Well Bettman, once again you got your Florida vs Florida playoff match up !!!

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Honestly, after the 5th goal, the big boys shouldn't have seen the ice.

No more stat chasing.
I would have benched them all for the entire third period. Too much focus on personal stats, not enough focus and heart on winning the game.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
One of the worst games i've seen Rielly play. Definitely his worst game of the season.

Rielly is the most consistent player i've ever seen coming back from injury. Consistent in the sense that you can bet the farm he will be abysmal for 10+ games.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Really good first, but I think Florida was still deciding if they were even going to play in this one. Once they realized the Leafs were, they took care of business.

Leafs looked meek, weak and quite honestly pathetic in that second period from the goal on out. It's the same story, any team that has any sort of physical defensive style, this team cannot penetrate.

PK was decent, so that seems to be on the right track. PP was it's normal self. Rielly has 4 days to get himself ready to go, because if that is the version we get we are toast. Nylander wasn't good either...

That officiating duo should be outright fired. They were terrible both ways, just complete nonsense from them.

I think FLA is way better than BOS, so if we are getting out of the first round, this is the preferred path. If we do happen to meet FLA in round two, maybe we will have built up some confidence by defeating a generational foe.

That being said, I have little to no confidence this team wins more than two games.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Bunch of fairies with zero pride. Nylander was abysmal tonight. This maybe the worst I have ever seen Morgan Reilly play. Knies looked like an ECHLer out there. Woll looks to have taken a huge step back since his injury.
Nylander had the night off.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This game reassured me that Marner and Matthews need to be split up for the playoffs .. they haven't gotten it done in years' past and this year they have been off.

Which is fine. Kessel couldn't quite gel with Malkin and Crosby, and that formed a great 3rd line on a cup run.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We are the best team in the division if Keefe learns to coach special teams.

Yes we can beat Boston. Better choice than FL.
Yep, we can beat Boston. Our regular season record against them proves that. Oh wait !!!

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Florida playing extra hard to make sure goal #70 doesn't happen in their barn.

Tampa will do the exact same thing tomorrow.

Not gonna be easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad