Post-Game Talk: Leafs Make A Meaningless Game Out of Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Great first period and just completely unraveled afterwards by leaky goaltending and a pretty half hearted 70 goal pursuit. Not the best, and now we get Boston.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
great 1st. then completely stopped playing. maybe they want boston

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Too much forcing it to Matthews

Think after that miracle Stolarz save the moment became too big for Matthews. The team just played a joke similar to the last few minutes of the Detroit game trying to force it to him.

I really blame Keefe for spoiling the great energy of the pursuit with his nonsense talk after the Detroit game.

Don't think 70 happens anymore. The energy has kind of been ruined and they have bigger business in Boston.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Bunch of fairies with zero pride. Nylander was abysmal tonight. This maybe the worst I have ever seen Morgan Reilly play. Knies looked like an ECHLer out there. Woll looks to have taken a huge step back since his injury.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
f*** rest. If we lose in round 1 it’ll be all for naught anyway. Might as well get something memorable from this season.

The whole load management and meaningless games narrative is a load of shit, and it comes from baseball otherthink it needs to go back to baseball.

This is not how competitors gear up for the playoffs in the sport of hockey.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
great 1st. then completely stopped playing. maybe they want boston

I’m sure that wasn’t the intention but they probably should want Boston.

Anyway, despite killing them all, the panthers surged off the momentum from the early 2nd period powerplays and we just never got back to our game which is really disappointing

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I'm actually on board if Keefe told Matthews this is your chance tonight to score #70 and not play him tomorrow

Maybe taking a hard line with him not getting that personal mark might make him more hungry in the playoffs.

I dunno.

Will Toronto play shorthanded?

They don't have enough bodies who are healthy.

Reactions: egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad