Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Wolls the man. He has a brighter future than Sammy, we should have put him in sooner. Hindsights 20/20 though, just happy for the dubs.

If he can play like this, and Matthews comes back healthy, who isn't to say we couldn't become that 10% eh?
View attachment 862743

Also, proud of Tavares, that was a hell of a drive, a passion play.
The first team to ever turn that trick is our Toronto Maple Leafs in the 1942 Stanley Cup Final

Pete Langelle scored the series winner and Turk Broda appeared in all 7 games. Sweeney Schriner lead all Leafs goal scorers with 6, captain Syl Apps had 5.

Apps would play one more season for the Leafs before leaving to join the Canadian Armed Forces in Europe. It was his second trip to Europe, the first being his Gold Medal showing in the 1936 Berlin Olympics as a pole vaulter.

Hap Day won his 1st cup as the coach of the team after winning the 1932 Cup as a Leafs captain who was partnered with King Clancy on what was considered the best defensive pairing in the league.

Last edited:

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
There was a moment I believe where Pasta was picking on Rielly and Knies stepped in and asked him to fight him instead. After a brief pause Knies laughed in his face and said "That's what I thought".

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
That was some tough grinding playoff hockey which was very refreshing to see ... no more cutsy plays .. play right side of puck .. take da man .. high and hard up boards or flips outs .. focus on defense .. that's how you win playoff games and better team won da game .. solid tending by Woll .. 4th line really impressed again .. and our 1st line tilted ice without Matty which still shocks me but it occurred .. very impressed by that effort .. hope to see it at home tomorrow .. forget about impressing anyone .. just grind out another game

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Crazy how i'm nervous that this series has to come home. Hopefully we can show up on home ice and score a few goals. 2 may not be enough to do it again.

Reactions: fahad203

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Crazy how i'm nervous that this series has to come home. Hopefully we can show up on home ice and score a few goals. 2 may not be enough to do it again.
it may be a 1-0 game .. best to focus on D and grind grind grind .. bruins could not handle da cats grind last year .. it should work again

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
neither Tucker nor Gilmour were divers. I wouldn't want any Leaf to play like that.
Peak Darcy Tucker was an absolute little goober out there. Total doucher who we'd have hated on another team. He played on the edge and certainly played over it at times, those things that are kind of dirty and sometimes very dirty (so similar to Marchand). I wouldn't hesitate to say he took a spill once in a while, too. I'm also positive when Marchand licked a guy during a game Tucker was like "damn, I should've done that to Alfredsson in the day."

The only glaring difference to me (outside of the fact Marchard is far more skilled) is that Tucker was more likely to fight than Marchand is. It was a different time, though, when you were more likely to see that stuff.

And we loved him for all of it... I mean, until we didn't of course, Muskoka 5 and all.

Reactions: bax and ACC1224

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
LOL

I bet you really saw diving ...

Meanwhile, the ref had solid speed and pushed unsuspected Marchand -standing still, from the side, in what universe he stays on his feet? :DD
Yeah thinking Marchand took a dive there is a real stretch of the imagination. He would never do that. Sure glad he’s ok :laugh:

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Yeah thinking Marchand took a dive there is a real stretch of the imagination. He would never do that. Sure glad he’s ok :laugh:
Maybe Holmberg had some kind of electrical device in his glove. Dirty.

• Haha
Reactions: bax

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Very impressed by Domi at C last night. He might be the perfect example of average regular season but a guy you want in the playoffs. Once we shed Tavares, get him signed as 2C behind Matthew’s.

Reactions: ruaware41

cupdreaming

Nov 9, 2014
The constructive criticism that took place between Willy, Marner and Matthews in Game 4 may have changed the destiny of this team. Go Leafs go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad