Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose ... On the brink of elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I'm not happy we lost, but at least this was an honourable loss. They had a great goalie and we lost because we tried to be aggressive and press for a goal instead of sit back and let Boston pepper us with shots. I won't and can't be mad at that.

You have to take risks in life and sports. This time the risks didn't work out for us, but I'm happy Babcock gave the green light to at least try! They gave an honest effort tonight

Reactions: stuart5035

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Imagine early last week someone were to say "What are our chances to win if Matthews is utterly invisible and Andersen has a .850 save percentage?"

We would have all said zero percent.

Well... that's what's happened.

If Matthews wakes up and Andersen decides to play hockey... well... then we'd have a series. But they've been terrible at a level that is shameful and humiliating.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I thought the Leafs controlled the majority of the game. A real damn shame.

Our key players have not been good. Andersen has been a major let down letting in bad goals literally every game. Matthews and Nylander have not been anywhere near good enough. Bozak and JVR have not done anything.

Marner has been the only consistent forward game in and out. Johnsson is probably up there with Kapanen, which says a lot.

No idea how the Leafs win 3 straight games with this goaltending and goal scoring.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Pathetic, honestly.
Goalie isn't on top of his game, defense is lost, and the forwards do everything besides put the puck in the net.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Nylander and Matthews, you guys just lost some money on your next contracts.
I suppose if there is anything positive you can take from this series it is that. Matthews sure as heck doesn't deserve the McDavid money he's apparently going to be after. He may deserve it someday, but he's clearly not there yet.

Reactions: dsred

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Why the hell cant one of the elite scoring teams in the league finish their chances?

Bad luck?

Bad ice?

So Frustrating.

38 Scoring chances and only 1 goal. Can we buy a bounce off a skate or something?

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
They had the better defense even without Bergeron tonight.
We outshot them but gave up a handful of 2 on 1's. You can't do that in this league and expect to win.

Too many individual efforts on the offense that lead to nowhere. They need to learn from this to get any better.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
We were flying an all over them until it was 3-1 then the team seemed to lose a step. Now we have to win 3 in a row including 2 on the road.

It's dire but it's not over yet. Boston still need to win that 4th game.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm not happy we lost, but at least this was an honourable loss. They had a great goalie and we lost because we tried to be aggressive and press for a goal instead of sit back and let Boston pepper us with shots. I won't and can't be mad at that.

You have to take risks in life and sports. This time the risks didn't work out for us, but I'm happy Babcock gave the green light to at least try! They gave an honest effort tonight

It wasn’t honorable because they came out unprepared and then were in fine shape at the end of one and just fell asleep. They allowed the Bruins to dictate to them a quiet road game and they were lulled into losing.

The Bergeron mind games basically bought the Bruins a 1-0 lead 28 seconds in. The Leafs looked good after one period at home and then just packed it in. The big guns were terrible. They deserve to be down. And probably out soon.

Reactions: dsred

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
- Why is Marner never discussed about captaincy? Is it because he has a baby face?
- Leafs played decent, but no finish
- Too many two on ones
- This team is not built for a long playoff run, they are easily beaten on the puck, and cannot defend
- Boston has less shots, but they get quality chances
- We need to go back in time, and not trade away Rask

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Going down to the Dominican tomorrow for a week and this just puts me in such a rotten mood. And I have to wake up super early to catch the 6am flight. For f*** sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad