Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose ... On the brink of elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Lol before the series I called out Kadri for boasting that their confidence was through the roofs and many Leafs divas here said that was not boasting. The way they play against Boston really shows their confidence or should I say lack of it?

Marner is gold though. Love him.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Lol before the series I called out Kadri for boasting that their confidence was through the roofs and many Leafs divas here said that was not boasting. The way they play against Boston really shows their confidence or should I say lack of it?

That's Kadri though. Even in 2013 when most of us gave them 0% chance of winning, he thought they had a good chance for sure.:laugh:

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017

This series were it not for Babcock's awful decision making and Andersen's Raycroft tier performance could easily be 2-2 and even 3-1 for us.

Kadri should feel confident and so should have the Leafs, unfortunately apart from Marner and Rielly, most of them have been MIA for the majority of the series.

Reactions: cookie

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
not scoring only 9 goals so far it couldn't.

Maybe don't play Komarov on the PP?

Don't play Komarov on the 1st line?

Maybe don't play Komarov at all?

Try switching lines up when you're NOT down 4-0 in a game.

These were Babcock decisions. The fact that he doesn't just stack the 1st line with Mitch-Auston and Willie tells you everything you need to know about him.

The Bruins have rekt us with one line despite our depth superiority, but we refuse to do any stacking of our own.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
There's a difference from regular season to playoffs. Whats so shaking my head at wanting him to pay the price to win? That's how you win in the playoffs.... Everyone buys in and pays the price, you cant float around thinking your skill is good enough to get you by because clearly it isn't as shown so far

Paying the price and blocking shots are two different things. So you’d love for Matthews and Nylander out there blocking shots? Odds of signifanct injuries are pretty high in those situations

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
17 goals given up on the first four games; 12 in just the first two. At least our guys have tightened up a bit defensively but one would have hoped they'd have learned from the Washington series. Their shot stats are also misleading given how they've usually conceded the first goal most games. The defense looks like a horror show on 5v5 and even moreso on the PK. We need Andersen to bail these guys out as they're obviously shell shocked but he's also struggling. Does this backend need to be reworked from scratch? Probably not but not only do our mainstays on the PK look like trash, they are also either getting up there in age (Hainsey) or injury-prone (Polak).

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
No, it's just an interesting tidbit. It should have happened a long time ago.

At this rate, we might even see Marner and Matthews together on the ice next year when we are down 3-1 in the playoffs in the first round!

Babcock's teams have been a first round exit for 5 of the past 7 seasons. He's probably got another 2 years to prove his worth or he's gone.

Well if we are being honest we are probably 2 years away from truly competing for the cup. That's why he got the term on his contract. Everyone from Shanny on down knows that this isn't an issue after only 3 years since starting the true rebuild.

Winning a cup or at least playing for one within 5-6 years from a burn it to the ground rebuild is not really as long as it seems.

Reactions: egd27

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
This series were it not for Babcock's awful decision making and Andersen's Raycroft tier performance could easily be 2-2 and even 3-1 for us.

Kadri should feel confident and so should have the Leafs, unfortunately apart from Marner and Rielly, most of them have been MIA for the majority of the series.

Then just get rid of that PoS there are lots of under the radar kinda coaches out there. If Vegas can find it we can find it too.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Did I read Feschuk?..NO. Should anyone read Feschuk?... NO. Should anyone referencing Feschuk in a post be shamed publicly?...NO... and I hope that I have not done that but my point stands...Feschuk is a pro sports troll that makes a good living being "provocative", which is not illegal but please don't pretend that he is a credible source or worthy of a reference.
He also wears scarves in a 70 degree studio for Leafs Lunch, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->