Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose in SO

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Assuming you consider his $15.9M salary his first year here 'about right' , then $7.95M this year is too.

Your lower end (5-6) is about the most I'd consider for a renewal.
Water under the bridge from a value perspective given his NMC. In the context of a resigning, a short term contract not significantly below what he is taking in right now in salary seems sensible.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
It was the contract length more so than the dollar amount.
So, what is his annual $$$.long term, 5.5 or 6.0.
Where would he fit into our structure today for a full season. Except to lose Reilly to ltir for the year we couldn't cover his $$$. Someone else would go...Nylander?
I still say decision was easy, contract length was not it. Short term $$$ would have to be more.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I did say 'other than PP '.

Even strength goals - tied for 44th among centres
Even strength points - tied for 52nd among centres.
Why would you put a restriction on how he gets his points...all the other top centres play PP1 too

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Leafs cost me 150 bucks, even Buffalo did their part. I am not happy with the damn goaltending right now. Never bet on your favourite team lol.
try betting against them, they always seem to show up and get the W when i do it. Sadly no one is helping me financially so i havent been able to do it for awhile.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So, what is his annual $$$.long term, 5.5 or 6.0.
Where would he fit into our structure today for a full season. Except to lose Reilly to ltir for the year we couldn't cover his $$$. Someone else would go...Nylander?
I still say decision was easy, contract length was not it. Short term $$$ would have to be more.
Yes the team would look different but they wouldn’t need to lose Nylander and Rielly

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Yes the team would look different but they wouldn’t need to lose Nylander and Rielly
Nylander OR Reilly! ? Or 2 players like Kerfoot at 3.5m and maybe Brodie...we couldn't afford that.
My point is it was not term...just plain dollars.
Love Hyman, but we going to face same challenge with Willie.👍

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
That's certainly not what I said
Except it kind of is what you said, when you selectively picked out the one metric that included empty net points but excluded PP points, in order to make Tavares look the worst.
Not 5v5, where among centers, he is 40th in points (just a couple points away from the top-25) and 20th in goals, despite career worst 5v5 puck luck thus far this year.
Not PP, where among centers, he is 7th in points and 10th in goals.
Not overall, where among centers, he is 25th in points and 19th in goals.
And certainly not any of the non-point things he brings to the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad