Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose in OT

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Zaits is slowly morphing into Roman Polak, what is happening to this guy, he is getting dumb as a bag of rocks.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
3 on 3 really exposes one single mistake. Feel bad for Zaits made a risky read and the puck had a poor bounce on him

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Marleau looked bad tonight. Tossing possession away, taking weak low percentage shots, etc.

Zaitsev and Kadri both getting a little overeager in OT.

Reactions: Atomos2

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That was disappointing because I thought the Leafs deserved it and were also unlucky for the 2nd straight night when Kadri hit the post late in the 3rd.

Also can you believe they only had 1 power play. How many times did Marner get slashed on his arm and hand without a call?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Zaitsev has been trash all season, not just tonight. Tonight, when the Leafs pressure in the offensive zone, his dumbass just throws it away or fumbles it. He's ****ing useless.

Plekanec was garbage again as well.

Losing to the Panthers, wow, that's embarrassing.
It's really not at all.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
That's a tough one to swallow. Played well in the third and OT and of course one bad play cost us the game. Luongo played insane against us again.

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
Awful hockey sense by 22.

Marleau has zero finish. So many chances latley but can't convert.

Reactions: dsred

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Like I've been saying, Zaitsev always seems to be 2 to 5 feet wide of where he's supposed to be on the ice or with body positioning or a split second late. That pinch was insanely stupid, basically all risk no reward on it. The guy is so shaky.

Reactions: weems

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Deserved that game. Florida is lucky. Well actually Lou played great. So did mcbackup. We've been lucky some games too. Means way more to them. Realistically at this point, Leafs are looking at 3rd in the division. Really it's like they went 1-1 in Florida in a back to back. I'll take it.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Marleau just can't get it done anymore......a shame to watch a future hall of famer in decline..he used to be an elite goal scorer.. a game breaker..

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I'm just speaking about myself here...

But if I played one season in the nhl, and was... uh... not that bad I guess...

And then some lunatic gave me $35 million dollars to keep playing.

Just being honest, my heart wouldn't be in it the same. I'd play it safe. I'd do what I'd have to do to get my contract, and that would be my priority.

So I can't blame Zaitsev. It's just what happens when you give that much money to someone with one years experience.

Reactions: dsred

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
In the big picture 2 points out of 4 back to back in Florida isn’t that bad. Imagine having the Bruins “tough” schedule

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad