Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose in a Shootout 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Good game missed some chances, vasileviskey is just a wall on breakwaways/shootout even in the all star game he robbed McDavid like 5 times on a breakaway lol

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'd ask why JVR got a shot over Marner...but well Marner already missed his penalty shot.

Nice we got a point. Too bad we couldn't get two. Just a game to forget and move onto the next one.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Tampa ain't shit, we can take them any given night. And I really don't think today's acquisitions put them over the top. They just got some old Ranger legs and we can feast on McDonagh and Girardi all night.

Tough loss to take though.

Reactions: Leafidelity

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Patrick Marleau is trash lmao. Dude has zero offensive extinct. Offensive extinct is on par with Zach Hyman and KOmarov at this point. Wtf

Reactions: Al14

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The good - Babcock's line combinations in OT make sense
The bad - he likes to roll 4 lines in OT .. Need more Marner/Kappy/Nylander time out there

Reactions: AppsSyl

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
JVR looked like even he was surprised to be in the shootout with that one :laugh:.

Glad we got a point. That was a very strange game for so many reasons.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
we don't stand a chance against Tbay when they are fully mand

Kuch>matt
McD>polak
Miller>leivo

is the healthy trade off from tonight.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Even though we lost..amazing game..and leafs I thought were as good if not better! Gives me hope for sure in the playoffs and leafs had some terrible puck luck

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'd ask why JVR got a shot over Marner...but well Marner already missed his penalty shot.

Nice we got a point. Too bad we couldn't get two. Just a game to forget and move onto the next one.

That JVR move was terrible. He used to have a Sundin-ish move where he just trucked in and blasted it.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Ok folks, we got it . . . wasn't the greatest shootout attempt by JVR. We got it, bunch of Gretzkys on here you'd think . . .

Not a bad game overall. Could have gone either way honestly, and glad to get a point I'd say. Add Matthews and McDonagh, and we win this one in playoff OT

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
12 Forwards, Nylander 8th in icetime.

Without looking at his icetime from the second period on (I'm willing to bet it decreased) I'd call this his last game at center.

Unfortunately for him, with the coaching staff we have - he has to have amazing games night in and night out. There really is no room for anything less.

If his dream is to play C in the NHL, my advice would be to seek a trade. It's not happening here.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Happy to get the point without Matthews but...wtf was that shoot out attempt?

Tampa lost kucherov early in the 1st period and were playing 7D.

that said; I thought we played okay... Plekanec taking 2 dumb penalties certainly didn't help. I really hope he is not a mole sent by Bergevin to screw the Leafs so that habs fan don't say look how good Leafs are doing and get their frustration out on Bergevin

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Missed a lot of chances but so did TB.

Vasilekskiy just a bit better than Andersen. The 2nd and 3rd GAs were weak.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Babcock is the only coach I have ever seen that goes through nearly his entire bench in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad