Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I can’t believe no one else have ever seen a player lose an edge and wipe someone out without a penalty being called.
Not when it's a goalie, he gets injured, and lots of teams literally have 1 good one. Luckily that wasn't our good one. What would you be saying if that was Sammy? We're now stuck with Murray/Woll going for a 20 year streak of complete ineptitude but it's just a hockey play?

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Bruins don’t take their foot off the gas pedal. They have won the presidents trophy for about 2 months ago, they have a few injuries too but they just aren’t letting up. Compared to the Leafs it’s night and day.

I just wish the Leafs played with such urgency whether the opponent is a top tier team or a bottom feeder out of the playoffs.

They keep winning while resting Bergeron and Krejci. Hall stil on LTIR.

No one playing too many minutes. Pasta leading forwards with less than 20..

Reactions: 3blizzard4

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I can’t believe no one else have ever seen a player lose an edge and wipe someone out without a penalty being called.
Maybe post some examples of a player taking out the legs of a goalie just standing in their crease and sending their head backwards into the ice not being called?
Sounds like you have a whole bunch of them, to be fighting so hard against an obvious and undeniable penalty.

Reactions: Menzinger

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not when it's a goalie, he gets injured, and lots of teams literally have 1 good one. Luckily that wasn't our good one. What would you be saying if that was Sammy? We're now stuck with Murray/Woll going for a 20 year streak of complete ineptitude but it's just a hockey play?
I’ve seen players slide into goalies before with no call. Many times.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I hate to say this but I hope Murray is LTIR'ed and dealt somehow in the off season. I don't ever want want to see him playing again while wearing a Leafs jersey. The only reason he didn't give up his usual 4+ tonight was because he came out early due to injury. Even then, he was half way there after 7 shots on him.
Murray is/was one of Dubas' biggest mistakes. Sammy seems consistent, sort of, but honestly IMO Woll is the Leafs' best tender. Time to roll the dice and find the next Ken Dryden.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Murray gets "injured" if someone breathes on him. His "injuries' are all between the ears.

Reactions: Racer88

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
We dont even know if mr murray is hurt or not. They was just testing him. He might not have anyhing in his brain.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Yes they called the initial cross check. Find the replay if you can, it was a pretty good flop the 2nd time and like you say he does have a reputation, a well earned one. He wasn't called for diving, he was called for embellishment.

I'm pretty sure I've seen players on other teams penalized for embellishment. This isn't exclusive to the Leafs.
Was not a flop the second time, I don’t know even how you can say that, especially after the guy leaned into him hard afterward, and held him down… It was a power move, the referee allowed it, and rewarded it.

Brutal call.

Reactions: Al14

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Was not a flop the second time, I don’t know even how you can say that, especially after the guy leaned into him hard afterward, and held him down… It was a power move, the referee allowed it, and rewarded it.

Brutal call.
We obviously see it differently, looked like pretty obvious embellishment. Had nothing to do with being held down after.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Frequently.
That doesn't make sense if that's the case. The majority of high sticks, delay of game and various other calls are frequently accidental yet get called anyways because it broke the rules. Interference is interference, tripping is tripping, etc. If we start judging intention it would make reffing even more problematic and ambiguous than it already is.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
That doesn't make sense if that's the case. The majority of high sticks, delay of game and various other calls are frequently accidental yet get called anyways because it broke the rules. Interference is interference, tripping is tripping, etc. If we start judging intention it would make reffing even more problematic and ambiguous than it already is.
High stick is a good example, if it’s a follow through it isn’t a penalty.
IMO the ref didn’t see if the player was tripped or fell on their own so didn’t call anything. They don’t or shouldn’t call penalties if they are unsure.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
And most if not all teams play their better players more. The problem is the greater dichotomy here.
Marner is tops in the league since the all star break. Obviously what you say is true, but you’re not acknowledging the degree.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
There's a difference between being careless with your stick and losing an edge and falling. It frequently happens that a player falls and accidentally knocks down another player without a penalty being called. The refs obviously saw this as that kind of incident.

Reactions: ACC1224

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Marner is tops in the league since the all star break. Obviously what you say is true, but you’re not acknowledging the degree.
Actually, 'greater dichotomy' is acknowledging exactly that, as was my original statement. In fact, that was my whole point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad