Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
This soft perimeter play creeping back into our game at the end of the season will cost us dearly if it is allowed to continue into the playoffs. Tons of weak low danger shots with no presence in front of the net is not the way to win anything.

I wish we could make setting up in front of our net half as difficult as the Red Wings made it tonight.

Not many positives tonight. Also Holl is awful and better not play game 1 now that we have better options.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
all the excuses are there: back to back, many players sitting, random injury to murray and sammy coming in cold, not much to play for, etc.

but still what a sad performance. team is stumbling into the playoffs. hope they can correct course but this situation does not inspire much confidence.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Furlatt was the ref tonight. We’ll remember him calling the pick on Holl in Game 7 last year, along with other BS non-calls like the two interferences along the boards that allowed Tampa to score their two goals, and the non-call trip on Willy (I think) while we were on the PP that would’ve given us a 5 on 3.

No surprise he has an axe to grind and took it out on Bunting. Refs in this league blow. They’re thin-skinned, vindictive, and unprofessional.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Leafs kept to the outside and they couldn't get their offense going (This is a Recording!!!)

Also, Keefe's inability to adjust is beyond amazing. The dude doesn't know how to get his guys going when playing from behind. He keeps playing Tavares with his prime players (Matthews/Nylander) when Tavares has absolutely SUCKED 5 on 5 this season.

Enough coddling. Put tavares on the 3rd line. In the playoffs this is what I wanna see

Jankrok-Matthews-Nylander
Bunting-ROR-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Acciari
ZAR-Kampf-Lafferty

I don't care how much Tavares makes, that he has a "C" on his jersey or whatever. The dude is abysmal 5 on 5; you cannot waste your superstars' minutes by forcing them to play with Tavares

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Am I the only one fearful Keefe is inadvertently training us to suck through his "process".

This is a total shit show that can only make us out of sync and full of bad habits for round 1

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
h3YIJuG4eynfYEaNWVtbISJrQOE=.gif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Self inflicted mistakes early cost them .. but were also unlucky to only get 2 goals. Didn't seem to get the bounces.

I only watched the third but looked like a lot of perimeter play. Hit a couple of posts but if you're not driving to the inside and making a point to live there you won't really get the bounces.

How was Murray before he got hurt? Brutal or unlucky?

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
all the excuses are there: back to back, many players sitting, random injury to murray and sammy coming in cold, not much to play for, etc.

but still what a sad performance. team is stumbling into the playoffs. hope they can correct course but this situation does not inspire much confidence.
Meaningless game , not worried at all .

Reactions: Confucius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad