Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1

Zacman

Dec 14, 2009
Murray is no good, straight up. Samsonov is the much better younger goalie. He should be starting most games with Murray as the back up only against weaker teams. Big lose against the NYR. Expect the Leafs to get blown right off the ice by Ovechkin on Saturday night in Washington.
Ridiculous take.

Murray has been excellent, you can certainly claim samsonov has been better.

They probably wanted sam to play against Washington. Keep it logical.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Maby my memory fails me but i think nylander usually slows down just before Christmas. I hope i am wrong. But with all that money the christmas gifts must be hell to think out and make everybody happy. "oh not a new house this year again, i wanted a submarine like uncle somebody got last year".

• Haha
Reactions: Lauro

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Got to love Kampf... Those are the types of plays that work in playoff hockey. Tips a pass towards the goal and the rebound goes to the other guy who's been scoring playoff style goals...Bunting

Easy to fall in love with the fancy plays...but once the game tightens up and space disappears, those fancy plays don't end up on the scoreboard.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They simply didn't try for about 45 minutes but I also can't be to mad because they were on a 15 game point streak that was going to end eventually.

That being said I need somebody to explain to me why Malgin is on this team at all? let alone the top 6 what does he do other than be fast?

This team needs Jarnkork back so he can play and Malgin can f*** off

Reactions: Duffman955

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Matty was solid in the third but he's not playing like a top 5 player in the league this season imo.

He plays like he can, Nylander continues the consistency, jt keeps fking skating and mitc continues to limit turnovers and this team takes it to an even higher level.

But again can't win every game and they're due for a bad game. Let's start another streak boys.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Got to love Kampf... Those are the types of plays that work in playoff hockey. Tips a pass towards the goal and the rebound goes to the other guy who's been scoring playoff style goals...Bunting

Easy to fall in love with the fancy plays...but once the game tightens up and space disappears, those fancy plays don't end up on the scoreboard.
It was a gritty goal and they need those, but If it was a playoff game, there’s a good chance Bunting would be serving a penalty and not scoring.

Reactions: trilobyte

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Fell asleep yet again during the 2nd intermission, didn't look like I missed much.. Too bad, I thought we played pretty good in the first and dominated them for long stretches. The 2nd was kind of bleh but in a tight checking game like that I thought they deserved at least a point. Both Marner and Matthews with more silly unnecessary giveaways was the only blemish I noticed and even that wasn't that bad.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Not sure if it was just the team playing poorly or it was the ice conditions but it looked like a bunch of players who hadn’t played in years. Passes were behind, in their feet, to a spot nobody would get to it, etc. The fact that it was 2-1 up until they pulled the goalie was an accomplishment.

As many have said you can’t win them all and considering the run they have had both individually and as a team I can live with this. Not to mention the amount of injuries, Timmins was not very good and has a long way to go. His offence is certainly there but the D needs lots of work. Reminded me of Gardiner regarding some of the ill advised passes.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Too many hungry for cookies Leafs last night: Matthews, Engvall, Kerfoot, Timmins, etc. That ANA game was not good for quite a few Leafs.

Reactions: fahad203

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

I was very critical of Kampf. But he has won me over. A true work horse. Nothing pretty about his game, but puts his contruction hat on and gets to work

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Time to shake things up next game:

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Holmberg-Tavares-Marner
Kerfoot-Kampf-Engvall
ZAR-SDA-Anderson

Gio-Holl
Sandin-Brodie
Benn-Timmins

Ad

Upcoming events