Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1 to Columbus

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I think we'll rock them tonight.

They just played last night and we're well rested. And we're a better team coming off of two losses.

I think we'll win 4-0

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i think the point is - we're not good either. We've been sliding lately, being woefully outshot. We don't have to be a top 10 team and it should be a walk away - it easily could be a 2-1 "oh my god, both teams suck bananas" kind of game.

like.
Komarov is whatever he's doing, JVR's out, Lupul is a ghost..

(and for the record - Carolina/Buffalo crushing is generally has to do with the fact that those teams own us - good bad or inbetween ;) we could be legit cup contenders and I'd still expect those two to own us).

Can't argue that, it's true.
I fully expect the Leafs to take the Jackets tonight.
The goal to respectability isn't making the playoffs (because yes we aren't good enought) but rather the preparation and not have the past Leaf 5-6-7 game losing streaks.
The succesful job by Babcock this year will be to not let the losing go on to long.
Win one, lose one, win a few, lose a couple, win again.

honestly...
at this point i'm at good effort time.

realistically, and I don't want to spark off a huge debate, or what not and when the game starts I'll be totally Go Leafs Go - - but just how things are trending - let everyone do well, but I hope it ends in the favour that we are in a better spot to get The Finns. (that's where my pre-draft lotto heart is set on). so if that means we win, we win, if we lose we lose, i just want us to get a Finn.

as they were saying on the radio. the leafs this year has gotten a boon of the majority of the fan base not giving a hoot about them in the sense of - they can BE bad (like not Columbus, white towel/2nd Half Leafs brutal) - but bad, and we're okay. don't blow that gift by being middle of the pack. now I PERSONALLY would be okay - I trust Hunter (and who knows who we're eyeing and we could trade our high pick anyway)... but theoretically speaking

with this being said
i can't see us NOT beating them.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Leafs Lunch just made me shutter.

Can you imagine if we didn't get rid of Clarkson, if Bolland accepted that offer, if Gorges agreed to be traded here and if Kessel stayed and was on pace for 40 points...

What a contrast, Leafs dodged some serious bullets.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

Can you imagine if we didn't get rid of Clarkson, if Bolland accepted that offer, if Gorges agreed to be traded here and if Kessel stayed and was on pace for 40 points...

yep. this mess could have been virtually unfixable.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

I was quite literally done with the Leafs....and then they managed to trade Clarkson, and they pulled me back in. It was that huge a factor, no exaggeration.

The Bolland offer would have been almost as embarassing, for sure.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I never know what to expect out of games like this. The jackets suck, which makes me believe we will lose, but this is the first game after a 7-0 blowout so I don't know.

Should be interesting to say the least. I'm just gonna do whag I have been doing all season long with this team, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show :D

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Gonna be sleeping through this one, work has me dead tired right now and I'm going to be hitting the hay when I get home.

I hope I wake up to a win :)

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
yep. this mess could have been virtually unfixable.

Columbus fans are finding out it would have been better to keep Horton. You can't hate a guy who is never going to play again.

Florida is just lucky their core does not require Bolland and it doesn't really matter to winning if he is in or out.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The lottery bowl.

People saying that the Leafs are "well rested" probably forget how this team plays in their first game after the California road trip.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Beyond excited to see Leivo back in the lineup. Wouldn’t surprise me if he stays the rest of the season.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008

They likely would've had to ship out Kadri and Gardiner to fit all that under the cap, which was constantly rumored at the time.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Holy crap, Clarkson is doing terribly.

No no, look Clarkson needs to play under a structured team.

Toronto isn't a structured team but Columbus is structured and "heavy", so Clarkson is going to thrive there. It's just like all the players Toronto trades and they turn out to be great after they leave.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I guess we see Korpisalo tonight, he might be better than Forsberg but we have Reimer.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

to be fair.

maybe Babcock coulda fixed them too? he is a wizard afterall ;)

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Clarkson is barely an AHL calibre player. Not even Babcock could've fixed him.

God, how I wish I could get paid for having Kovalchuk and Parise bank shots off my ass, get undeserved playing time and PP minutes because my coach loved me in junior (DeBoer... why the **** did San Jose hire him), and have a skyrocketed PDO.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
I was quite literally done with the Leafs....and then they managed to trade Clarkson, and they pulled me back in. It was that huge a factor, no exaggeration.

The Bolland offer would have been almost as embarassing, for sure.

Yet...there were still a number of folk on here upset we didnt re sign bolland and also disapointed in the kessel trade

mikebel111*

Clarkson is barely an AHL calibre player. Not even Babcock could've fixed him.

God, how I wish I could get paid for having Kovalchuk and Parise bank shots off my ass, get undeserved playing time and PP minutes because my coach loved me in junior (DeBoer... why the **** did San Jose hire him), and have a skyrocketed PDO.

Agreed but to be fair, there was no one better than Deboer and Babcock was not going to go there.

However I would take Todd Maclellan over Deboer

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
With the last 2 losses, I am actually back on the tank bandwagon.

I was slowly falling off the wagon the last few weeks with all the W's they were racking up. Now JVR is injured too, so I climbed back on
Damn you Babcock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad