Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Just got back from the game. I don't know if it's recency bias or what but it looks like the Leafs are sorely missing depth players like Dermott and Johnson. Their roles may be small but man do they make a difference.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'm just gonna say it, if Babcock plays Komarov over Kap/Johnny, I want him GONE.

Accountability starts at the top and playing Komarov over those two is the equivalent of having an empty net and deciding to go for a line change because you just had a 25 second shift and you're feeling kinda tired and if you go off for the line change the other team gets a 5-0.

It is THAT obvious and THAT simple.

We've heard him go on about how you need to seize opportunities and how you never know which year is your best chance and quite frankly we heard the same thing in Pittsburgh with their former coach costing them cups in how he used players and look at what Sullivan has done.

Simply put, there is NO excuse for not playing those two and don't give me the "we'll probably win one in the future, relax" with big contracts, injuries and unforeseen events you NEVER KNOW and I am not writing this year off because "we're young" this is the same attitude that could've been said for the Caps and look at all their epic failures.

I know it won't happen, but if eh ****s us out of a playoff run for frigging Komarov, I don't see any excuses at all. At least Polak has gotten somewhat better and looks ok as the 6 now, at least with Dermott anyways, Komarov has been TRASH this ENTIRE YEAR.

4th line is apparently an energy line and their corsi tonight was :facepalm: worthy and it had nothing to do with Kappy but everything to do with the
-neutral zone
-defensive zone

giveaways by both leo and plekanec.

i don't know what is babcock's problem here why is he so hell bent on making the pending UFAs (plek/leo) happy while giving middle finger to the youngsters

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Just got back from the game. I don't know if it's recency bias or what but it looks like the Leafs are sorely missing depth players like Dermott and Johnson. Their roles may be small but man do they make a difference.
Definitely wouldn't say Dermott's role is small. He's been a huge part of our solid 5v5 play since he's been up. Komarov is a downgrade from Johnsson, that's obvious, but Babcock is gonna Babcock

JayDog17

Dec 23, 2014
i'd love it if we had a coach who didn't leave us guessing if he was going to play the inferior player
If you are still guessing whether Babcock is going to play his man-crush or the superior player...you haven't been paying attention. 100% Leo is in to start. Hopefully we aren't down big in the series before he has no choice but to do the right thing and sit him.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Guys and Daisy. Don't get all stressed over it you'll get an aneurysm. Komarov is playing games 1 and 2 minimum. By the time Babcock realizes Johnsson and Kapanen gives him the best chance to win it will be too late.

Take solace in the fact that we will never really know if it would have made a difference anyway - even though let's face it, it probably would have.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Guys and Daisy. Don't get all stressed over it you'll get an aneurysm. Komarov is playing games 1 and 2 minimum. By the time Babcock realizes Johnsson and Kapanen gives him the best chance to win it will be too late.

Take solace in the fact that we will never really know if it would have made a difference anyway - even though let's face it, it probably would have.

I could take solace in the fact that Babs will have no choice next year when Leo is gone lol.

Reactions: Marshy

member 147413

I understand Gardiner isn’t as bad as he seems, but I really do not like the type of game he plays.

Reactions: JayDog17

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
jake been here for some time now, you just gotta live with some bad defensive brain cramps, all our D have their moments where their brain lets out a big fart

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Speaking of D, after Zaitsev took his sweet ass time on that non-icing call and then proceeded to get decked, I knew at that point Leafs were not tying that game.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
No injuries, in fact we got to let some guys rest for this meaningless game, we have many years to break records and we still have the Habs?

Everyone likes to win, but I can dig it.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Looks like I missed nothing skipping out on the 3rd.

If these pro athletes won't show up for a game why should I?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Not even mad. We all knew NJ was gonna come out guns blazing trying to lock up a Playoff spot.

Im just glad that no one was injured from our end. Zaitsev looked pretty good. I thought he had some punch to his game

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm just gonna say it, if Babcock plays Komarov over Kap/Johnny, I want him GONE.

Accountability starts at the top and playing Komarov over those two is the equivalent of having an empty net and deciding to go for a line change because you just had a 25 second shift and you're feeling kinda tired and if you go off for the line change the other team gets a 5-0.

It is THAT obvious and THAT simple.

We've heard him go on about how you need to seize opportunities and how you never know which year is your best chance and quite frankly we heard the same thing in Pittsburgh with their former coach costing them cups in how he used players and look at what Sullivan has done.

Simply put, there is NO excuse for not playing those two and don't give me the "we'll probably win one in the future, relax" with big contracts, injuries and unforeseen events you NEVER KNOW and I am not writing this year off because "we're young" this is the same attitude that could've been said for the Caps and look at all their epic failures.

I know it won't happen, but if eh ****s us out of a playoff run for frigging Komarov, I don't see any excuses at all. At least Polak has gotten somewhat better and looks ok as the 6 now, at least with Dermott anyways, Komarov has been TRASH this ENTIRE YEAR.

I'm sure when Calgary fires their coach you'll be pleased as punch when he gets here.
or Hitchcock.
hm. maybe Bill Peters?

Reactions: deepz

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I'm sure when Calgary fires their coach you'll be pleased as punch when he gets here.
or Hitchcock.
hm. maybe Bill Peters?

Hiring process:

Do you believe in stapling Hyman to Matthews and Nylander and not allowing anyone else to play on their wing?

Do you think it's a bad idea to double shift MNM at times?

Should old gritty vets get spots over youngsters with better skill and speed?

Did you answer no to all 3? Congrats, you're hired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad