GDT: Leafs @ Lightning HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Here is some bulletin board material to pump the boys up.
View attachment 755632
Love hockey, love the leafs, always will, but this team of players and even the coach is SOFT. Not enough pride, mental toughness or grit starting with their ‘leaders’, They get chirped and physically picked on all the time with no response. I expect them to come out flat and lose like they did against Florida, no bulletin board exists for this team.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Tampa hasn’t been sharp this year, either. I expect a sloppy game.
Agreed. Toronto always plays well in Tampa, so this should be a good bounce back for the Leafs. I think Tampa will struggle to stay in the wild card race this season.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Keefe bad
Kampf bad
Domi bad
Reaves bad

Kampf is a defensive 4C being overpaid by 1 million

Reaves is a 13th forward overpaid by 500k

Domi looks absolutely lost

Keefe never should have been hired, Boucheron takes over by Christmas

Reactions: hockeyes

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If Reaves doesn't score a hat trick today he better get waived. Got paid the big bucks, need more out of him. Being physical and fighting guys to change momentum isn't enough. Game 5, let's see if he can finally bring in that elite level offence that he was brought in for.

Gallant specifically asked for Reaves from his GM for 2 separate teams, the guys a winner and knows winners. Lets get er done Reavo! No more messing around, show these scrubs like Matthews and Marner how offence is done!

Reavo for the Hart or bust !

:sarcasm:
This is cute, but the goal is just not to get destroyed in their matchup and have his physical play gain momentum instead of lose it.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The Senators are making life a living hell for DeBrincat today. Tkachuk had some choice words for him and then Greig laid him out.

I bring this up because this is something these Leafs would never do to someone that spurned them or insulted their team. Kulikov hit Nylander dirty and no one did anything. Sergachev has been talking shit all summer and I guarantee no one is going to do anything about it tonight. Zero balls on this team.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I'll be honest, Holmberg never should have been cut to give Minten NHL games.

Holmberg was just as good in the pre-season. He's faster and more skilled right now. He was good last year, got injured and had some issues gaining back that momentum at the time, but then was fantastic for the Marlies in their playoff run.

Next up is to get Robertson back in as well, but one roster move at a time.
Keefe said yesterday Holmberg was underwhelming at camp and Minten out played him. I didn’t think he as good at all, fighting for a job he was pretty vanilla.

Kampf in the 3 hole now eliminates that line as any real threat.

Reactions: kb

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Keefe said yesterday Holmberg was underwhelming at camp and Minten out played him. I didn’t think he as good at all, fighting for a job he was pretty vanilla.

I disagree. It's the same coach that said Reaves had a great training camp.

We'll see how right or wrong I am with Holmberg getting into the lineup.

Last edited:

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

I think that line will be expected to play more in the d zone and shut opposition down, wild card is Domi who has zero interest in playing defense.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I don't mind Kampf as 3C because I believe he can be carried to a decent showing offensively when given a couple of superior linemates. Likewise, I'm hopeful that Holmberg can help elevate that fourth line in being able to offer some sort of production (although Minten should have the higher ceiling, I view Holmberg as the one who is NHL ready at this moment in time).

Last edited:
Reactions: arso40

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
This Matthews shift is underrated:

Watching the replay he did almost everything. It sucks he went quiet in round 2 because we tend to forget he was utterly dominant versus Tampa

Agreed. I rewatched the Tampa series in the offseason and the amount of people who acted like Matthews and Marner no showed all playoffs was lame. They dominated Tampa, and so did Rielly.

Just losing to the Panthers with a wimper made a lot of folks forget.

Reactions: kb

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The lack of offence from the D is staggering. Weren't we like 29th last year in goals from the D? You need your D to contribute sometimes as well. That issue just gets magnified in the ploffs.

They are allergic at shooting pucks towards the net from the blue line. Brodie in particular just refuses to launch anything at the net, even with a clear lane. Way too many times the Leafs D wait an eternity to make a play at the blue line, looking for the perfect play/pass and then opt to dump it in the corner when they can't find it.

I think the only one really not shying from shooting is Liljegren. Even Klingberg has been passing it far too many times.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Here is some bulletin board material to pump the boys up.
View attachment 755632
He's a 2 time champ and he hit the nail on the head, I'm not gonna hate on him as much as I hate on the guys who no-showed on our team.

Not sure why we as fans get upset over quotes like this, when our core has shown time and again they don't give a damn by the effort they show on a consistent basis

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
I'll be honest, Willy Nylander should be the #3C at present.

Minten should be in the WHL, and Holmberg the Leafs 4th line C and David Kampf let walk away and his cap better invested in a defense core improvement upgrade.
This is your best post in 10 years
Everything in it is factual and making sense

Kudos to you

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Agreed. Toronto always plays well in Tampa, so this should be a good bounce back for the Leafs. I think Tampa will struggle to stay in the wild card race this season.
I wouldn’t be surprised if these teams are battling for a playoff spot.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I disagree. It's the same coach that said Reaves had a great training camp.

We'll see how right or wrong I am with Holmberg getting into the lineup.
A 3rd line of Knies ---- Minten -- Domi/Jarnkrok after 4 games has combined for 0-0-0 points.

Inserting Holmberg for Minten can only have a positive offense impact, as it can't produce less. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad