Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Leafs come out dragging their feet. Bolts get the first goal early and add another while the leafs sit back and watch. They trade goals in the second and it’s 3-1 Tampa going into the third. Tampa gets another, then at the 8 minute mark the leafs decide they’re going to start trying and pop another. They start buzzing around but it’s 4-2 Tampa and then the top 6 play the final 5 minutes with icings and whistles. Klingberg makes a couple low percentage passes and a couple of shots into a crowd that never had a chance to make it to the net. Kucherov floats at center and pots an empty net. Too little too late for the leafs.

Seen this show a few times

Reactions: TMLife17

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Here is some bulletin board material to pump the boys up.
View attachment 755632

I don’t think “bulletin board” material is a thing for these Leafs. They and by extension us get our pants pulled down by opposing players and coaches all the time and the players rarely show any passion in response on the ice. Last game was a chance to show anything against the team that embarrassed us in the playoffs and they acted like they couldn’t care less.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Score first and often

I think Samsonov is starting
After thinking about it, it is ok he was good enough to win last game but is looking for a rebound game in terms of the goals that did go in
I will be critical of him though he needs to not let in back breakers

Minten out holmberg in is ok

Need some depth scoring.

Auston getting an assist on bertuzzi EV goal would be a nice thing to see

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Minten is a keeper but Bertuzzi, Domi and Brodie are just assets you can do anything with.
Domi and Bertuzzi just got here... give them a bit before you shoot them to the moon. Brodie is trailing off maybe but he's still a good d man. He just needs to play less.

If you can package him for a younger version of himself and throw in a solid prospect another team really wants maybe they can make a good deal but they also need someone like Lilly to step up and that could make a big difference.
I think it was worth keeping Minten around. We didn't lose anyone on waivers and the kid gets to see what the next level is all about, and the team gets to know him even better... plus he now has a relationship with many on the main roster. All positives imo. Holmberg is a known entity.

Minten was never staying past the 9 games barring something really unexpected happening.

As for tonight, hoping for a similar defensive effort from the team with a dash of goals added in.
Good way to look at it. I agree. All gravy for Minten. Looking forward to see Holmberg. I thought he was really solid last year for the most part. Hope he can make the best of it.

Reactions: wingman75

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Domi and Bertuzzi just got here... give them a bit before you shoot them to the moon. Brodie is trailing off maybe but he's still a good d man. He just needs to play less.

Oh I'm not saying to get on the phone this afternoon to offload, just if things don't pan out there's a lot of stuff that isn't bolted down that you can yard sale to setup well for the next round of team building.

Brodie is wearing down visibly, will be really good to find a replacement for the medium and long term.

Reactions: Burnie97

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Here is some bulletin board material to pump the boys up.
View attachment 755632
This guy is so full of himself. He's turned into a pretty decent d man but he's said some pretty stupid shit lately. Hopefully someone folds him out there tonight.
Oh I'm not saying to get on the phone this afternoon to offload, just if things don't pan out there's a lot of stuff that isn't bolted down that you can yard sale to setup well for the next round of team building.

Brodie is wearing down visibly, will be really good to find a replacement for the medium and long term.
Fair enough with the short term signings but that's why they're good for the player and the team. They can get a better contract if they play well and if not ... they're not stuck to the Leafs for years if it doesn't work out.

With Brodie... less minutes and he'll do much better.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Just like with the Gudas photo and Maurice's comments, players simply don't care about these silly tidbits like fans do.
These players don't. Players who love to win do get more amped up over real or perceived insults from their opponents though. Michael Jordan is pretty well known for motivating himself that way. Maybe that's why he's won 6 championships and this Leaf core has won a single playoff round

Reactions: leafsfan5

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Just like with the Gudas photo and Maurice's comments, players simply don't care about these silly tidbits like fans do.
i agree that players don’t care like fans but if you think teams don’t use stuff like this as bulletin board material to motivate them then you are wrong. We’ve heard countless stories of teams using what other teams say as motivation. Maybe the 5th game of the season isn’t high stakes enough but teams and players do use this as bulletin board.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I don't think that's necessarily a good thing. A lot of those petty bulletin board hockey beef items are used to just find extra motivation to get through a repetitive and monotonous schedule, just like fans watch a long season and look for storylines to get hyped up about watching the same people play the same game...

At the end of the day it doesn't matter on its own but if you can't find the energy and higher gear to out compete the opposition and manufacture wins... then it's a problem.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Samsonov is 2-1-0 this season, but his winning record doesn't tell the whole story, as he has given up a combined 11 goals in his 3 starts. Not ideal. Samsonov's 3.67 GAA and .861 SV% would both be career lows by a significant margin. He was much better in Florida on Thursday, but still has lots of room for improvement.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
If Reaves doesn't score a hat trick today he better get waived. Got paid the big bucks, need more out of him. Being physical and fighting guys to change momentum isn't enough. Game 5, let's see if he can finally bring in that elite level offence that he was brought in for.

Gallant specifically asked for Reaves from his GM for 2 separate teams, the guys a winner and knows winners. Lets get er done Reavo! No more messing around, show these scrubs like Matthews and Marner how offence is done!

Reavo for the Hart or bust !

:sarcasm:

Sergachev's always been more bark than bite

Sergachev sucks, he's literally Jake Gardiner defensively. Leafs should try and exploit him once again, he cracks under pressure, bad passes in his own zone, bad along boards.

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
How about start the goddamn game on time, score first and dictate the pace instead of chasing from behind all night?
Exactly. Hard to play from behind constantly.

Get up by a few and the game becomes much easier. You can wait for your chances and just play a solid team D.

Reactions: MSZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad