GDT: Leafs@Lightning 7:30 PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Palat is apparently back in the lineup for them tonight; that guy always reminds me of Panik, but with scoring touch.

Going to be a good, high-scoring affair!

Reactions: Eb

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The doctors have said he's ok to play and Matthews is saying he's not ready?

how should i know. I don't even know if the doctors said he's cleared.
i'm just saying generally speaking if the doctor clears you, it's up to the player if he's good to go.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
how should i know. I don't even know if the doctors said he's cleared.
i'm just saying generally speaking if the doctor clears you, it's up to the player if he's good to go.
Got it. Sorry, those few posts on this were confusing.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
It's funny because both the Bruins and Bolts will try desperately to avoid facing us in the first round, and it's obvious why, the difference between the leafs and one of those wild card teams is a huge gap.

Where as the leafs on the other hand have known they're going to have to play either of these teams for so long they're going in knowing their opponents for months.

You can't quantify something like that but I like it.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
You know what could also happen?.

Matthews and his agent may not want to sign his next contract this summer (due to his injury plagued season) missing 1/4 of it and that preventing the Leafs from locking him up long-term. Are Leafs management willing to commit to the $$ required without Matthews having the #'s to support that next contract.

Non silver lining of that glass half empty viewpoint.

Good point. Let's hope it doesn't play out that way.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Matthews has been out a month and may need to get into top playing shape, we are for all intent and purpose in the playoffs and have been for some time and will play Boston or TB, so with just 10 games left to play, there is little incentive to push players into games and it may be more important to rest them and also get a good look at some of the call ups like Johnsson and Kapanen and rotate players in and out of the line-up, to keep them in shape and have them game ready.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Boston scares me more when healthy.

Vasilevsky is a seive right now, our offense should eat him up.

Given recent events I would assume the 1st round match up for the Leafs would be bolts.

So I hope we score a bunch on vasilevsky and get in his head for the playoff time.

P.S. Boston doesn't scare me as such as long as the officials call all the illegal checks and interference and holding against the bruins.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It's funny because both the Bruins and Bolts will try desperately to avoid facing us in the first round, and it's obvious why, the difference between the leafs and one of those wild card teams is a huge gap.

Where as the leafs on the other hand have known they're going to have to play either of these teams for so long they're going in knowing their opponents for months.

lol i like it too. beware the Leafs :laugh:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Yeah in that sense it may well be for the best that we seem to be pretty much out of it when it comes to catching either of those teams. That way we can just focus on being at our best three weeks from now while they just keep grinding, grinding, grinding ...

member 262271

Given recent events I would assume the 1st round match up for the Leafs would be bolts.

So I hope we score a bunch on vasilevsky and get in his head for the playoff time.

P.S. Boston doesn't scare me as such as long as the officials call all the illegal checks and interference and holding against the bruins.
Regarding the latter, you know they won't.

Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad