Rumor: Leafs interested in Domi

Status
Not open for further replies.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Y
Lafferty and Timmins are decent players but nothing u cant sign or trade for at the deadline if u need. We got Timmins for nothing last season. This is also only if u actually need to clear space.
Of course.. it is just a continuation of death by a 1000 cuts

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Anyone complaining about Domi going to the Leafs for less than 3-4 million on a short term deal and saying he sucks clearly didn’t watch the playoffs. This is going to be not 1 but 2 steals for Treliving. The market is a money maker as you can see with all our junk that got paid out. But still pretty damn good start for Brad. I still think Nylander gets traded for a Pesce lol Brad has mentioned the D on multiple occasions

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
As a Habs fan who watched Domi be a tire fire as a center, I really really hope they sign him. Domi, Bertuzzi and Klingberg might literally be the three worst defensive players in the entire league.

• Haha
Reactions: Albz and Leafs1993

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Ah yes Murray is such an easy trade to make teams are lining up to help the leafs become cap compliant by taking on an injured cap dump.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ain't nobody got time for that. That's why I asked.

But do they not need to be complaint prior to sending Muzzin to LTIR?

They can always send Muzzin + Murray to Hawks with Leafs 2024 or 2026 1st round. That would clear up some of the Leafs cap situation and save Leafs ownership some $

Metal God

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
As a Habs fan who watched Domi be a tire fire as a center, I really really hope they sign him. Domi, Bertuzzi and Klingberg might literally be the three worst defensive players in the entire league.
Funny. They were a better team when Domi was on the Habs. Now not so much. Not saying Domi was the difference.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You are allowed to be 10% over the cap in the offseason

I know that but on day 1 do you not have to be cap compliant prior to being able to send anyone to LTIR without incurring cap penalties?

They can always send Muzzin + Murray to Hawks with Leafs 2024 or 2026 1st round. That would clear up some of the Leafs cap situation and save Leafs ownership some $

Thats true. Just wondering what the move will be.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Domi could play on the wing on the top line. He’s a better talent than almost anyone the Leafs have thrown next to Matthews and Marner

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Can confirm they are not but nice reach

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Lmaoooooo. He led the team in scoring lmaooooo. Tire fire c enter who led that dumpster of a team in scoring. Have another one. MTL was actually decent with Domi now they are just a laughing stock

Reactions: Albz

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Shouldn’t they focus on their D?
Ohh that’s coming. I’m just waiting for the Nylander trade. Nylander and his camp did this the last contract, they’re doing it again, we need upgrades on D we just signed forward depth, he’s a big a fish they could dangle for a D man

Ah yes Murray is such an easy trade to make teams are lining up to help the leafs become cap compliant by taking on an injured cap dump.
He won’t be as hard to move as you think

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I know that but on day 1 do you not have to be cap compliant prior to being able to send anyone to LTIR without incurring cap penalties?
I don't know all the details on how the cap works but the Leafs capologist is Pridham. He and other parts of their management will figure it out.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Focus on D? Does nobody know hockey? The leafs defense was amazing and was the only reason they made round 2. The offense was a joke. They scored 2 or less 9 straight games. That’s why they lost. Domi would be a nice addition

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I’ll take that bet. Will probably still finish ahead of the Laffs.

At the very least clearly not a playoff team in the Atlantic. Lost too many pieces and then you have Sabres and Senators pushing as well. I see them 5th or 6th in the division

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
The Leafs are already a little over $5m over the cap and they are adding Domi now? How are they going to make this all work to be cap compliant on day 1? Someone has to be on the move.
This has been explained over and over.
Muzzin goes on LTIR to cover the current overage and Murray gets traded with a sweetener to cover Domi and Samsonov. Timmins could also be moved if we really need the space as he has some upside but is pretty expendable.

It’s possible Nylander gets traded if they can’t agree on a contract that works for both sides but it isn’t necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad