shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Incredible depth. Very impressive

Yet still likely the youngest core in the league

This team will compete and be very good for along time

Reactions: marty111

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
apparently they think their team wouldn't have done worse if they had more injuries

kind of like how Winnipeg was just bad and injuries had nothing to do with it :sarcasm:

Winnipeg were perennial underachievers. Injuries were part of the reason. But when your goaltending is absolute shit sometimes it's a blessing when the goalie goes down.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
How the hell in Toronto's long history with so many Cups are 105 points and whatever wins their club record - thats very low compared what most of other teams best regular season numbers are and those 105 points are inflated with SO wins (I know other team profited from that too).

Because Harold Ballard and The Ontario Teachers Pension Plan were evil and greedy beancounters that cared more about profits than they did about icing a great team.

Reactions: bionic

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
A fair number of people last year tried to discredit the Leafs making the playoffs by insisting everything went perfect for them. That was the argument we often saw when people said they would miss them this year.
And I was the most local in stating getting the least amount of points from the shootout was proof "Everything Went Perfect" was a nonsensical argument.
I said the chances of them being last again was very small. Therefore, they could get more injuries and still be better.
I was 100% right.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
apparently they think their team wouldn't have done worse if they had more injuries

kind of like how Winnipeg was just bad and injuries had nothing to do with it :sarcasm:

everything has gone perfect for the jets this year though.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Winnipeg were perennial underachievers. Injuries were part of the reason.

they were a big part of the reason.

so you don't think more injuries would have effects the leafs last season? they were as good as they are this year?

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
everything has gone perfect for the jets this year though.

right. like scheifele missing 6 weeks

trouba having an ankle injury and then having concussion symptoms near the end of the season

mp was injured as well during the beginning of the season

enstrom's always getting injured. same with kulikov.

laine got injured(but keep playing anyways)

although mason ended up being the back up. that guy was always injured too. Hutchison got injured a few times.

I'm sure there are a few injuries I'm missing

PERFECT for the jets

you don't know the jets. stop talking about them like you do

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Impressive. To my surprise the Sabres have 6 which is 3 more than I would have figured.

And man certain posters will argue about anything.

Reactions: bionic

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
right. like scheifele missing 6 weeks

trouba having an ankle injury and then having concussion symptoms near the end of the season

mp was injured as well during the beginning of the season

enstrom's always getting injured. same with kulikov.

laine got injured(but keep playing anyways)

although mason ended up being the back up. that guy was always injured too. Hutchison got injured a few times.

I'm sure there are a few injuries I'm missing

PERFECT for the jets

you don't know the jets. stop talking about them like you do

Perhaps you can find a thread to talk about the Jets that’s about the Jets?

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
A more accurate assessment of points per game is....points per minutes played. A quick comparison with other top point producers in the league says a lot about the balanced scoring on the Leafs. Reasonably sure that Marner would have many more points if he played another 4 or 5 minutes a game!

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
they were a big part of the reason.

so you don't think more injuries would have effects the leafs last season? they were as good as they are this year?

Did you watch the leafs last season? We were kings at blowing leads. If the Leafs team was even half competent at holding leads last season we probably would've finished with the same amount of points we have this year. Not just barely sneaking in. Yes it's nice to have a healthy team but that kind of goes hand in hand with having a young team and a good coaching/ training staff.

Older teams tend to get hurt more during the grueling season. I know it's a crazy concept.

People easily forget that last season was year #2 in the rebuild and we're in year #3 this year. Our biggest downfall to date is inexperience and having half a team of rookies (last year) and now sophomores (this year) with not the best of vets to insulate the team (JVR/ bozo/ leo).

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
As a Leaf fan, I find my fanbase fairly annoying...but it's almost worth enduring them for how over the top salty they make people (often the same people) consistently.
Do you think though that fans of other teams bring out this behaviour?

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Perhaps you can find a thread to talk about the Jets that’s about the Jets?

it's relevant when leafs fans spit out bs about their team and make a thread on the main boards that other teams have accomplished as well

and then some when a poster calls out fake news about the jets

perhaps you could be talking about this on the leafs boards that's for leafs fans?

Reactions: BruinLVGA

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
As a Leaf fan, I find my fanbase fairly annoying...but it's almost worth enduring them for how over the top salty they make people (often the same people) consistently.
It's the same small group of people who get triggered. :laugh:

The pathetic part is that both the Jets and Bruins have been stellar this year and instead of being happy and celebrating their own successes they're out here patrolling leafs threads. That said I can 100% appreciate the fact that they're dedicate to the cause.

Reactions: ThewThew

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
it's relevant when leafs fans spit out bs about their team and make a thread on the main boards that other teams have accomplished as well

and then some when a poster calls out fake news about the jets

perhaps you could be talking about this on the leafs boards that's for leafs fans?

Settle down Trump. The thread is to discuss the Leaf’s achievement. It’s not to talk about the Jets.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Did you watch the leafs last season? We were kings at blowing leads. If the Leafs team was even half competent at holding leads last season we probably would've finished with the same amount of points we have this year. Not just barely sneaking in. Yes it's nice to have a healthy team but that kind of goes hand in hand with having a young team and a good coaching/ training staff.

Older teams tend to get hurt more during the grueling season. I know it's a crazy concept.

People easily forget that last season was year #2 in the rebuild and we're in year #3 this year. Our biggest downfall to date is inexperience and having half a team of rookies (last year) and now sophomores (this year) with not the best of vets to insulate the team (JVR/ bozo/ leo).

so you just like arguing for the sake of arguing or are you gonna acknowledge the question?

do you think injuries woudlve effected the leafs standings last year?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Their depth is impressive but I wouldn't put much stock into the "Ten 40 point players" accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad