Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs, HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Might as well get this started up.

I am expecting a big bounce back (hopefully) from Andersen. The Habs fire a lot of shots on net so I hope he's ready.

Again, this is a team we should beat but having lost 14 straight to them, you know it's not going to be an easy game. It's our first game against a divisional opponent, very early in the season but still a 4 point game.

Matthews is on a four game point streak and I feel this is the game where he puts up a bunch of points. He hasn't picked up where he left off, he actually took it 1-2 levels above where he left off last season.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Big win coming up. Worse thing for the Habs was the Leafs effort against the Devils.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Big win coming up. Worse thing for the Habs was the Leafs effort against the Devils.

I don't think the effort was lacking as a whole against the Devils. Some players mailed it in though. It's hard to put up 50 shots, so many of them from in and around the net if the effort was lacking.

Mental mistakes cost the team goals. Felt like every mistake was capitalized upon, every post that hit our net went in, every post that hit theirs went out. Just wasn't meant to be.

If we play like the last four games, we should be able to win but again it's a tough road game. Habs have scored just 4 goals all season and only 2 on ES. I am sure they are going to be just as fired up as we are.

Reactions: Garthinater

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I am expecting a big bounce back (hopefully) from Andersen. The Habs fire a lot of shots on net so I hope he's ready.

Again, this is a team we should beat but having lost 14 straight to them, you know it's not going to be an easy game. It's our first game against a divisional opponent, very early in the season but still a 4 point game.

Matthews is on a four game point streak and I feel this is the game where he puts up a bunch of points. He hasn't picked up where he left off, he actually took it 1-2 levels above where he left off last season.

Haha yeah, if it were any other game I'd say it seems early but I've had this one marked on my calendar for some time now. Too bad we're not 4-0 going into this one, oh well, just extra motivation to get our s..t together for this one I hope.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Haha yeah, if it were any other game I'd say it seems early but I've had this one marked on my calendar for some time now. Too bad we're not 4-0 going into this one, oh well, just extra motivation to get our s..t together for this one I hope.

Yeah, I think it's high time the Leafs started a win streak of their own against the Habs. When you're good, you get lucky...Matthews had a chance to win for the Leafs in OT and Price somehow got a piece of the puck with the knob of his stick to deflect it just above the net.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I am expecting a way better effort against the Habs but again we need to put up a 60 minute effort and be responsible inn their own need

- Anderson has to be better but need support from his "D"as well, we need to be more efficient in clearing the traffic in front of him and need to be physical to avoid that traffic
- Avoid taking unnecessary penalties, the more time you spend in our zone the more penalties you are going to take
- Keep it simple and clear the defensive side as soon as possible, there is no to be fancy
- Get under the skin of Price and be on his face all night and do not let Weber open on PP

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Price goes beast-mode on HNIC; whether the trend continues is to be seen.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I wouldn't like it if they allowed more than 2 goals to the Habs. If Leafs allow more than that, we'll know our defensive deficiencies are real. It would be a huge red flag if they allow the Habs to break out on the score sheet.

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
This maybe the best thing for the leafs... NJ bounced us.

We lost, we got that out of the way. Babs now has a reason to preach and coach and the player have reason to listen. Babs warned them about this same thing. Leafs last year were fantastic on the bounce back game.

I'm hoping for a good win against the Habs

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Hopefully gardiner has a better game and rosen has been a black hole. Also not liking that babcock is trying to change marner's game, dude was a playmaking machine last year so far he's trying to be offensive too much and in turn is just avg

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
No offense to any one but are we not starting these threads way too early - it;s getting quiet boring

Nothing personal to any one but that's how I feel

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
No offense to any one but are we not starting these threads way too early - it;s getting quiet boring

Meh, it's a big game against a big rival and it's better than dwelling on the NJ loss yesterday.

Also, I hope if Carrick is not ready to go, we call up Dermott and sit Rosen.

Reactions: canadon

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I don't know....I guess I don't see how a pre-game talk thread about the next game can be early? It's not like this is the GDT.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I don't know....I guess I don't see how a pre-game talk thread about the next game can be early? It's not like this is the GDT.
Not to mention the Habs have a PGT for this game that's already 5 pages long themselves...

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We can outplay them. We did last season. In the end, it will come down to goaltending.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
Carey Price against the leafs on a Saturday. That’s like fighting superman on the surface of the sun for the Leafs. They have no reason to be cocky. The Habs and Price may have started poorly but it’s still very early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad