Post-Game Talk: Leafs fold quicker than a cheap lawn chair, lose 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I don’t like Dubas and Shanny, but this team should have success in the playoffs this year, unless the goaltending takes a dump. No surprise Murray keeps getting injured. I would be shocked if they didn’t make a run, and I’ve always bashed this core

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
This is why Boston and Montreal have a way better home atmosphere
no kidding
the leafs are boring as f***

Wasn't as bad as posters are making it. We had our chances, Ottawa capitalized on theirs and we weren't on our A game for sure. The last minute sub of Murray to Samsonov I feel was the dagger, sadly.
we were worse than the posters are making it.

it was a pathetic game.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Only 200+ posts after such an embarrassing loss. Seems even the non-believers and trolls are waiting for game #83. :)

After the montreal series most of the fanbase was angry that nothing was done; then after the bolts series most of the fanbase was absolutely disgusted with the management in terms of how they held the press conference and how they talked about what had transpired and what the future held.

I think quite a few of the people are just waiting to run out the clock to see some new direction for this team

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Didn't see the game, a problem with the site I use. Questions: I read that Holmberg was going to play 2C, did he, and how did he look? Also, how much was the poor D (according to some here) a product of a bad night, or were the Fs less than supportive in the Zone?
It didn't appear there was much cohesion at all whether between the F's and D's, the F's by themselves or the D pairs or the G with anybody. The Leafs got caved in by the Senators and didn't seem to know what to do about it, it was like they were all looking at each other waiting, wishing and hoping for someone to hit back.

but really it was all Holl's fault

Reactions: meefer

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
-Unusual night for a home game
-National broadcast of a "Special" Hockey Night in Canada
-Weaker divisional opponent that like to beat us

I thought the game went pretty much as you would expect if you've been paying attention.

well this must've been the "special" version of the Maple Leafs

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I managed to watch about 10 minutes before those awful uniforms made me turn it off.

Looks like I didn't miss much.

I can usually find the good in anything. All I can think of is that if we play this badly the next time we wear them, maybe management will deem them cursed and burn them all.

(The sweaters, not the players.)

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I watched parts of the 1st., few parts of the 2nd. (doing household chores) and had recorded it.

Finished chores in the 2nd. watched a few minutes and had an injury so I had to stop watching.
I took a fork off the lower lip so couldn't face the rest of the onslaught.
Turned to Netflix for R&R with B movies.

Ottawa has beat Boston, Buffalo, Washington, Pittsburgh, New York Islanders, Toronto.
Are you related to Murray by chance…….lol

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Well lets hope this afternoon is better folks .. Friday night was disgusting effort .. worst I have seen this year .. why did Rielly and Sandin and Holl even bother to lace em up .. maybe worst 3 games each has played .. Rielly and Sandin especailly if they play like that again I am gonna start calling them rovers not D men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad