GDT: Leafs @ Flyers - 3/19/24 7 EDT on TSN - Bay Street vs Broad Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I wish Keefe would show the same accountability that Torts does for his star players.
and as a result of Torts being Torts... his shelf life with teams is 2-3 years... he can get a lot from players for a short time, but after that... they tune him out. Couts sounds frustrated with Torts already.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I am very confused tbh about benching Couturier. I know he's not doing great but my aunt is currently raging at torts :laugh:

He's not doing great because he's been ground into dust coming off major injuries, and as he has done in the past with guys giving it their all Torts acts like a poo pickled in pee.

Couts speaking out as he has is a seismic shock akin to the North American continent snapping in half

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I would counter Philly's move of scratching Couturier and dressing Deslauriers by scratching Brodie and dressing Benoit. Brodie could use a rest day and it adds a goon to counter Philly's offering.

Edit - Looks like it's Lube out, at least Benoit gets in for this one.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Healthy scratching Couturier in the midst of a battle for a playoff spot is insane. Easy way to lose a room at the worst time.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It's a little thing, but actually big for a D man. Edmundson's stick is noticeably longer than most players.

IMG_8005.jpeg

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Clearly we have more than one threat... Matty has 15 goals, Nylander 9, Marner 7, Tavares 7, Bertuzzi 5. Yes, Matty is the biggest threat... but they need to take advantage of that, as it should leave others more open, and design plays around that.

The biggest problem right now is Marner is out, and he's the main QB for the PP.

I agree we have to get it back on track, and clicking at the rate we were earlier this year, especially in the playoffs.
Willy with 22 assists is clearly the QB on the PP, but the other players are too stationary, which is why he's often stuck trying to stuckhandle at the blueline. Combine that with nobody screening the goalie - JT is usually just off to the side looking for a tip or rebound - and we're easy to defend.

It's usually Willy to Matty to Willy to Mo to Willy to Matty to Willy to Mo, and either in to Mitch to try a cross-ice pass to Matty, or Willy to Matty for a one-timer, or someone putting it in to the slot hoping JT hits it or it hits him.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Spreading out the power plays is interesting.
It’s not a bad time to experiment.
Torts scratching a whole line is wild.
Be good seeing Benoit back in.
See if NickRob can build some momentum.
Bad injury news for Mitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad