GDT: Leafs @ Flyers - 3/19/24 7 EDT on TSN - Bay Street vs Broad Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
^Yup. With no Marner and Jarnkrok still for the PK and Torts back behind the bench with the last change this will be a tougher challenge than last game. I expect Matthews and Nylander to carry the load and some rough stuff to occur.

Reactions: ACC1224

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Matthews needs more goals.

This is the type of team he scores against.

They slow, so wide open shots

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
It better be Benoit and not Connor Timmin's trash ass
Timmins is out long term with mono. Mono can take 6 months to a year to fully get rid of and is highly contagious. Pretty sure we won't see him again until training camp unless my recollection of the disease is way off.

Big Benoit is back on a pair with McCabe (someone posted the twitter lineup earlier) and the Flyers game is great timing to utilize him

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Timmins is out long term with mono. Mono can take 6 months to a year to fully get rid of and is highly contagious. Pretty sure we won't see him again until training camp unless my recollection of the disease is way off.

Big Benoit is back on a pair with McCabe (someone posted the twitter lineup earlier) and the Flyers game is great timing to utilize him
Nah Timmin's is back bro. He's been practicing for over a week now

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
He won't suit up in any games. He's just being used as a place holder from what I've heard. Mono makes your organs enlarge due to inflammation. A hit in the wrong spot would send him to the hospital. I don't know even know why they keep him around if he actually has mono. He won't see a minute of game time till next season.

"For some people, their liver or spleen or both may remain enlarged even after their fatigue ends. Most people get better in two to four weeks; however, some people may feel fatigued for several more weeks. Occasionally, the symptoms of infectious mononucleosis can last for six months or longer."

Last edited:
Reactions: OVO16

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I find it hilarious that we secretly send Giordano to robidas island without the Media mentioning a peep

DUde was back healthy but we put him on LTIR anyways

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I find it hilarious that we secretly send Giordano to robidas island without the Media mentioning a peep

DUde was back healthy but we put him on LTIR anyways
I don't believe he's been back healthy.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I don't believe he's been back healthy.
Pretty sure I read he was taking normal line rushes right before we acquired Edmundson

Also, I think tonight will be an L. Philly will look to get revenge after we embarrassed them last week. Not to mention its a huge game for them playoff standings-wise. They're in rut. They trying get out of it

Reactions: ACC1224

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
""

The Leafs have been outscored 8-1 on special teams this month, and that inefficiency proved the difference in Saturday's blown-lead loss to the Carolina Hurricanes Saturday. Their PK is averaging a goal against over the past seven games; their PP has cashed in just once over its past 22 opportunities.

We're raising a flag of concern here because sloppy special teams have played a significant factor in Toronto's postseason failures.

Since the Auston Matthews–William Nylander–Marner era began in 2016-17, the Leafs' PK has operated at just 75.3 per cent in the playoffs. That's 26th of all 30 teams that have appeared in at least one series during that stretch.

Further, their much-lauded power play has dropped from a total of 24.3 per cent (third) in all regular seasons of the Matthews-Nylander-Marner era to 18.6 (15th) come playoff time.

Benny's back

Healthy scratched in favour of Liljegren all three games since the trade deadline passed, Simon Benoit will get back into action Tuesday at Wells Fargo Center.

Rugged defenceman Ilya Lyubushkin missed Monday's practice due to illness and did not fly with the team to Philadelphia.

Benoit has been a pleasant surprise for the Leafs. He should be reenergized by his 12 days out of action and eager to build his case to be in the lineup come Game 83.

"I'd expect it to be a little bit better, quite honestly. He's stepped back from the lineup and watched, and that's motivating in and of itself. But also, the league is hard when you're playing all the time," Keefe said.

"When you come back into the lineup, you expect to have a little bit more."

One-Timers: A diplomatic Treliving said Monday that the Maple Leafs' crease remains an open competition and that he's happy to be dressing two healthy, capable goalies. With Toronto facing two back-to-backs this week, Ilya Samsonov and Joseph Woll should get two starts apiece ... Calle Järnkrok (hand) was retroactively placed on long-term injured reserve; defenceman Conor Timmins (mononucleosis) was activated. The earliest Järnkrok can return is April 8 ... The third-seed Maple Leafs have only a 12 per cent chance of moving up the Atlantic standings and just a six per cent chance of falling to the wild card, according to SportsClubStats.com ... Prized prospect Easton Cowan dialed his OHL point streak up to 34 games Sunday. That's a London Knights record.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Pretty sure I read he was taking normal line rushes right before we acquired Edmundson

Also, I think tonight will be an L. Philly will look to get revenge after we embarrassed them last week. Not to mention its a huge game for them playoff standings-wise. They're in rut. They trying get out of it
Last bit of news I could find was two weeks ago.

""

The Leafs have been outscored 8-1 on special teams this month, and that inefficiency proved the difference in Saturday's blown-lead loss to the Carolina Hurricanes Saturday. Their PK is averaging a goal against over the past seven games; their PP has cashed in just once over its past 22 opportunities.

We're raising a flag of concern here because sloppy special teams have played a significant factor in Toronto's postseason failures.

Since the Auston Matthews–William Nylander–Marner era began in 2016-17, the Leafs' PK has operated at just 75.3 per cent in the playoffs. That's 26th of all 30 teams that have appeared in at least one series during that stretch.

Further, their much-lauded power play has dropped from a total of 24.3 per cent (third) in all regular seasons of the Matthews-Nylander-Marner era to 18.6 (15th) come playoff time.

Benny's back

Healthy scratched in favour of Liljegren all three games since the trade deadline passed, Simon Benoit will get back into action Tuesday at Wells Fargo Center.

Rugged defenceman Ilya Lyubushkin missed Monday's practice due to illness and did not fly with the team to Philadelphia.

Benoit has been a pleasant surprise for the Leafs. He should be reenergized by his 12 days out of action and eager to build his case to be in the lineup come Game 83.

"I'd expect it to be a little bit better, quite honestly. He's stepped back from the lineup and watched, and that's motivating in and of itself. But also, the league is hard when you're playing all the time," Keefe said.

"When you come back into the lineup, you expect to have a little bit more."

One-Timers: A diplomatic Treliving said Monday that the Maple Leafs' crease remains an open competition and that he's happy to be dressing two healthy, capable goalies. With Toronto facing two back-to-backs this week, Ilya Samsonov and Joseph Woll should get two starts apiece ... Calle Järnkrok (hand) was retroactively placed on long-term injured reserve; defenceman Conor Timmins (mononucleosis) was activated. The earliest Järnkrok can return is April 8 ... The third-seed Maple Leafs have only a 12 per cent chance of moving up the Atlantic standings and just a six per cent chance of falling to the wild card, according to SportsClubStats.com ... Prized prospect Easton Cowan dialed his OHL point streak up to 34 games Sunday. That's a London Knights record.

That's an amazing accomplishment for Cowan when you consider all the studs that have gone through London.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Remember how well he played in preseason? It would be nice if he came back playing like that.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
""

A serious shock came at Flyers morning skate this morning when it was confirmed that the entire line of Sean Couturier, Cam Atkinson, and Denis Gurianov will be scratched tonight. This is a projected lineup... rumours from other sources also have Staal out.

Forwards
Owen Tippett – Morgan Frost – Travis Konecny
Joel Farabee – Scott Laughton – Bobby Brink
Tyson Foerster – Ryan Poehling – Garnet Hathaway
Nicolas Deslauriers – Noah Cates – Olle Lyksell

Defence
Cam York – Travis Sanheim
Marc Staal – Ronnie Attard
Egor Zamula – Erik Johnson

Starting In Goal
Samuel Ersson
19-14-5, 2.67 GAA, 0.898 SV%

""

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Treliving said yesterday we were the top team in the league 5 v 5 last 20 odd games.

I'm not worried about the PP, but our PK is our Achilles, better figure that out. Marner and Jarnkrok back will help, I'm looking to see what Dewar and Edmundson can bring. Bill and Brodie are awful on the PK.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Lots of time to fix the PP and PK. Honestly we have a few new Pkers which requires adjustment.

PP is my concern though. PP1 getting the full 2 min hurts us quite a bit. They get predictable and then nobody else is used to playing pp so no chemistry bc no one else plays it. Coaches need to smarten up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00