Leafs fans: are you cheering for wins or losses?

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Don't get me wrong, I love this team with all my heart, but this year I am only satisfied when we walk away from a game with a big L (preferably in regulation). I constantly cheer for the Leafs to lose, and I cheer for all the teams near us in the standings to win. For instance, tonight was brutal from my perspective, with Toronto winning while Edmonton, Columbus, and Calgary all lost.

I'm just trying to get a gauge for how many of us Leafs fans are fully embracing the tank, and how many of us continue to hope for wins. What do you think?

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Wins until around now. It's getting to that point.

I'd like to see them win some games while still maintaining a spot at the bottom of the league.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
I'm part of tank nation because it is the best way for this team to get better.

However, when I'm watching a close game where the Leafs are playing well, it's impossible to cheer against them.

I just desperately want this team to be good, and for that to happen we need to lose.

Radomon

Jun 1, 2004
Stockholm
Well, they're gonna lose the majority of the games whether we like it or not, so I figure I might as well cheer for them to win when I'm watching the games. I mean, no team finish 0-82-0.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
One win in Six games. I would take this ratio till the end of the season.
The thing is that u just can't expect any teams to go on a 15games losing streak.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I never actively cheer for them to lose, and I'm not saying that from a high horse.

I'm just not disappointed like usual when they lose. I understand that this is phase 1, in the grand scheme.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
I chose "indifferent."

With the overall talent of the team I expect most nights will turn out to be losses, but I would not say that I am cheering for them.

I will admit that when the Leafs went on a bit of a run to reach .500 I was getting worried about too much winning to lose a high pick. However, I don't want to have it called tanking, I prefer "losing in style" haha

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
If I see that the Leafs have put it all on the line and are playing their hearts out - it sucks to see them lose. Games like the 2 we played vs the CAPS. There are no moral victories. I am cheering for them to win. I can see the allure of getting a high draft pick esp. if we are mathematically eliminated from making the playoffs. In that case, I dont mind if we lose close games and thats how the season has been going. I believe we are only a few pieces away from being a scary cup contender. Thankfully we may already have said pieces to complete it (Marner, Nylander, Brown, Russians, potentially Stamkos).

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

However, when I'm watching a close game where the Leafs are playing well, it's impossible to cheer against them.

I just desperately want this team to be good, and for that to happen we need to lose.

This sound about right

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
This current Leafs roster? Lose every single game. Until they have a group of young core players that we can get behind and jettison the Lupuls, its hard to cheer for Boyes, Grabner, PAP etc., knowing they will not be around after the season.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I'm perfectly okay with them being competitive. Whether that means win or lose. If the team doesn't have the talent, fine. Through drafting, etc, teams get better.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

This is how I feel. An uncontrolled "yes" came out of my mouth when Lupul scored last night. Knowing we were second last in the league probably eased things enough to enjoy the occasional win. Also if Lupul, Polak and others catch fire maybe someone will take a chance on them at TDD. I know with the suspect talent level and goaltending we will be hovering in decent lottery position all season so, yes, I cheer goals, don't mind the occasional win, knowing the players need success to boost trade value and be rewarded playing the Babcock system. The system needs success for players to buy in, so a dismal bottoming out (think Buffalo last season) could hurt more than help. We are sitting in a pretty good position right now. I hope a big push comes until trade deadline day...increase trade values then we can get back to sub .500 hockey for the last part of the season.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I'm perfectly okay with them being competitive. Whether that means win or lose. If the team doesn't have the talent, fine. Through drafting, etc, teams get better.

well im prettty see we get a top five pick no matter what .this draft looks deeper every time a list comes out ,but there is no generational talent ,in fact mathews might slide to third ,depending on what u read ,so getting tkachuk or chychryn well its still cause for excitement ,but in all honesty ,the losses will come naturally and edmonton and columbus will get better ,so just keep loving the one goal losses and wait for the draft lottery:yo::yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad