Proposal: Leafs Desperately Need A New Goal Song?

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I don’t care what the goal song is, just as long as the Leafs score so often that it becomes annoying and repetitive.

Reactions: Primary Assist

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I don't know about you but I'm a little sick of our goal song and I feel it's time to change it up.

Do you have a better suggestion? I'd like to go with The Heavy "How you like me now?" song.

This is how it would sound in an arena full of crowd after a Matty goal :D

Great song and dead on perfect for that goal but I think hearing "how you like me now" on every goal would get really repetitive over time. That said it would definitely piss other teams off a lot; they might defend like their lives depended on it just so they don't have to hear it.

I think if it could be used selectively it would be perfect; like in this instance for example.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I can tell you anecdotally that it is definitely something that has been a topic of conversation amongst friends of mine who range from 22-35.
Wondering how many traditionalists would complain if they switched up the music to polka or classical music. Details are important.
Music is the beginning. How about serving up some decent beer at leaf games?
I know that serving crap at leaf games has been a tradition for years but if you arent serving up crap games anymore, how about some better music, food and beer?

Reactions: Metroid

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
While the sentiment makes me laugh, not a goal song but a club song that fans sing during the game (if only we didn't have so many lame ducks in our arena). Don't know why but I love when soccer stadiums sing club songs. Give everyone in the crowd blue and white scarves that could be waved afterwards. Would be fun.

I don't know how a person can't enjoy this:

I have been lucky enough to attend 6 football matches over seas including an England game at wembly, liverpool game at anfield and a Man U game at old trafford. When the home team scores in those barns, the place erupts. Hard to match that intensity in a NHL barn TBH. Their fan culture for football in Europe is totally different from hockey culture, but the same sort of things apply. If you can some how get the crowd chanting a simple tune after a goal, the place pops off. Thats why my suggestion is "hey jude" by the beattles. Everyone knows the tune, people would eventually sing it, and then chanting it. would make for a fun post goal atmosphere in the playoffs. Man City just replaces the 2 syllables of "hey Jude" with "Ci-ty", leafs could replace it on the jumbotron with go-leafs or something corny like that, and then it becomes more personal if they wanted it.

Reactions: The Cobra

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Absolutely not, Leafs have the best goal song in the league. Unless they want to pay Hall and Oates to re-record Rich Girl with a chorus of "Rich Boy" any time one of the big 4 scores, then that would be kinda funny for a day or two.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Absolutely not, Leafs have the best goal song in the league. Unless they want to pay Hall and Oates to re-record Rich Girl with a chorus of "Rich Boy" any time one of the big 4 scores, then that would be kinda funny for a day or two.
It’s actually easily the worst in the league and I’m asssuming is used for a nostalgic feeling. Well there isn’t anything worthy of being nostalgic about WRT to the past fifty plus years.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Cobra

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I have been lucky enough to attend 6 football matches over seas including an England game at wembly, liverpool game at anfield and a Man U game at old trafford. When the home team scores in those barns, the place erupts. Hard to match that intensity in a NHL barn TBH. Their fan culture for football in Europe is totally different from hockey culture, but the same sort of things apply. If you can some how get the crowd chanting a simple tune after a goal, the place pops off. Thats why my suggestion is "hey jude" by the beattles. Everyone knows the tune, people would eventually sing it, and then chanting it. would make for a fun post goal atmosphere in the playoffs. Man City just replaces the 2 syllables of "hey Jude" with "Ci-ty", leafs could replace it on the jumbotron with go-leafs or something corny like that, and then it becomes more personal if they wanted it.

Old Trafford is a dream of mine. Lucky you!

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Change the song to something by Weather Report or Mahavishnu Orchestra and we're good.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I would say something from death from above 1979, Alexisonfire or the Arkells would be appropriate,recent-ish local bands with enough popularity with some tunes everyone already knows. Please pick something with some life and excitement tho ffs. Hall & Oates reminds me of visiting my lame aunt and uncles back in the 80’s
Do not want songs that are nearly or over 40 years old. It just doesn’t resonate with a large chunk of the fan base.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Long overdue, we need to tweet Dubas and Shanny and get this shit changed. Do what the Sharks did and let the players pick their own, within reason

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I would say something from death from above 1979, Alexisonfire or the Arkells would be appropriate,recent-ish local bands with enough popularity with some tunes everyone already knows. Please pick something with some life and excitement tho ffs. Hall & Oates reminds me of visiting my lame aunt and uncles back in the 80’s
Do not want songs that are nearly or over 40 years old. It just doesn’t resonate with a large chunk of the fan base.
This post is exactly why it can't be left in the hands of the fans.

Reactions: Brown Dog

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
No other song better exudes the arrogance and greed of these players. Just like Money Mitch gotta go, so does this Hall and Oates song

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad