Proposal: Leafs Desperately Need A New Goal Song?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
of all the things the leafs desperately need - a new goal song is no where near the top of that list.
That might be true but unfortunately sports like basketball are outpacing hockey among young people in Toronto.
The team needs to rethink it's marketing strategy even though it has zero to do with the game and everything to do with the long term popularity of the sport.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
This old song was played all playoffs before faceoffs in 1994. Reminds me of DOUGIE and would be a great goal song.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I might be the only one who likes the current goal song (my wife is a fan of Hall and Oates, and it's helped me get her to watch hockey with me!!), but it really is time for a change.

Ideally something that pumps up that utter morgue of a building we call our home arena (when, of course, there's fans in again)

Reactions: CanadasTeam

Steve776

Feb 8, 2021
So it's settled. The Maple Leaf Forever will be our goal song, followed by a 2 minute standing ovation for the conquest of Quebec prior to the puck drop.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Move away from classic rock or folk songs. Throw a nice EDM or hip hop jam in there. We're not in the 80s anymore.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't care at all what our goal song is. The Hall and Oates song isn't terrible though and it annoys fans of other teams for whatever reason so I am cool with it.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
So it's settled. The Maple Leaf Forever will be our goal song, followed by a 2 minute standing ovation for the conquest of Quebec prior to the puck drop.

While the sentiment makes me laugh, not a goal song but a club song that fans sing during the game (if only we didn't have so many lame ducks in our arena). Don't know why but I love when soccer stadiums sing club songs. Give everyone in the crowd blue and white scarves that could be waved afterwards. Would be fun.

I don't know how a person can't enjoy this:

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Would love from 3:00 onwards of this when entering the ice surface at the start of the game:

Would kind of like if from the 3:00 mark onward mark of this if they could do a mash up of the chorus and the "Hey! Hey!" part to try and get crowd involvement for goals.

Never happen in TO though. Rowdy up the place!

Last edited:
Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
That might be true but unfortunately sports like basketball are outpacing hockey among young people in Toronto.
The team needs to rethink it's marketing strategy even though it has zero to do with the game and everything to do with the long term popularity of the sport.

i doubt very much the freaking goal song is a part of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad