Proposal: Leafs Desperately Need A New Goal Song?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I don't know about you but I'm a little sick of our goal song and I feel it's time to change it up.

Do you have a better suggestion? I'd like to go with The Heavy "How you like me now?" song.

This is how it would sound in an arena full of crowd after a Matty goal :D

For regular season anyway. They don’t need it in the playoffs lol

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Why do the leafs need an new goal song? When they score my dreams are coming true...:nod::nod::nod:...:laugh::laugh::laugh:
(You) You (You, you, ooh ooh ooh, you)
whenever im in the car and i hear that come on, I crank it up...... with the windows up.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Would be cool if they played the song based on who scored. Like the walk up song in baseball. Let the players pick their own tune.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Soft goal song for a soft team. This is the type of song you'd listen to while on a casual Sunday afternoon stroll wearing a fanny pack and waving to the neighbors.
I definitely get the impression that those who like the current song have a sweet collection of new balance 628’s and Nike Air monarchs

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I don't know about you but I'm a little sick of our goal song and I feel it's time to change it up.

Do you have a better suggestion? I'd like to go with The Heavy "How you like me now?" song.

This is how it would sound in an arena full of crowd after a Matty goal :D

Agreed…. And I have always liked the song.
Every single thing about this team and organization needs an overhaul.
I have been confused what Dubas has been up to up until this point (July 21). I will be patient. My belief is that if there is not very serious change brought to this team and organization by September, they will lose significant interest and fan support for the first time in decades.

Quadruple Dion

Jun 30, 2011
IMHO, I think it would be cooler to go with a Toronto or at least Southern Ontario artist instead of [random q107 fodder of choice]. Personal pick might be the Cons. Or Weeknd or Drake, seeing as 2 of the world's biggest musicians are from here. Or Pup or DFA or Hollerado (though I guess they were originally from Ottawa?) – something rockier.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I think in General the team needs to mix it up better with the song selection to create a better atmosphere, including wrestling songs from the 80s, hard rock etc.

The Million Dollar mans entrance song should always come on when Matthews, Marner and Tavares hit ice together.

The Legion of Dooms entrance song should come on if we ever get a hard hitting checking line.

More Metallica, Foo fighters less Sweet Caroline. I want it to be like we're at metal concert not a little girls pageant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Primary Assist

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
I think in General the team needs to mix it up better with the song selection to create a better atmosphere, including wrestling songs from the 80s, hard rock etc.

The Million Dollar mans entrance song should always come on when Matthews, Marner and Tavares hit ice together.

The Legion of Dooms entrance song should come on if we ever get a hard hitting checking line.

More Metallica, Foo fighters less Sweet Caroline. I want it to be like we're at metal concert not a little girls pageant.
That's actually a pretty good idea. I also suggest Sean Michael's entrance theme "sexy boy" for Nylander

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
That's actually a pretty good idea. I also suggest Sean Michael's entrance theme "sexy boy" for Nylander

they toyed with goal songs for each player. Auston wanted “Baby” by bieber.

I don’t know why they don’t have their. Own songs.

except Auston. He doesn’t get to pick

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Would be cool if they played the song based on who scored. Like the walk up song in baseball. Let the players pick their own tune.

But then we'd never get to know Marner's playoff goal song.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
It has to be something from Bieber. He is a huge Leafs fan a local boy and by far the greatest musical talent Canada has ever produced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad