Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Columbus: Can we make it two in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
For some reason we struggled against them last year more than any other team. I guess there's no better time to play them than know.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Before the season 99% of posters would say that we need a 20 game sample to see if things have changed at all but everyone is abandoning ship after 8 games - I just expected more from the fans if not the team.

The team will need time to change if they are capable of changing. I would not expect them to be different noticeably after a handful of games. Can we all just wait til 20 games before throwing anymore jerseys on the ice huh? Or am I being a jock-smelling sycophant as was so poetically put in another thread?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Before the season 99% of posters would say that we need a 20 game sample to see if things have changed at all but everyone is abandoning ship after 8 games - I just expected more from the fans if not the team.

The team will need time to change if they are capable of changing. I would not expect them to be different noticeably after a handful of games. Can we all just wait til 20 games before throwing anymore jerseys on the ice huh? Or am I being a jock-smelling sycophant as was so poetically put in another thread?

Starting a season with a few games they put 0 effort in will do that. 0 effort shown is about as bad as it gets.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If we don't win this one some people are going to be 5150'd. It's a for sure win plain and simple they need only show up and play.

Is Randy fired if we drop this one?

They should fire everyone if they don't win this one.

You guys are crazy. Home advantage means a ton and according to the bookies, Columbus is a clear favorite tonight. If you're so sure the Leafs should be a huge favorite, go ahead, bet some dollars. Don't bet the house though is my advice. :)

Eddie Livingstone

May 25, 2014
Porquis Junction
You guys are crazy. Home advantage means a ton and according to the bookies, Columbus is a clear favorite tonight. If you're so sure the Leafs should be a huge favorite, go ahead, bet some dollars. Don't bet the house though is my advice. :)

Yes bookies have Columbus as the favs, but did you see their line up? Half of the jackets injured. Why did you quote my question about randy being fired without even addressing it?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yes bookies have Columbus as the favs, but did you see their line up? Half of the jackets injured. Why did you quote my question about randy being fired without even addressing it?

I thought I did address it, perhaps my meaning wasn't clear, OK I will try to elucidate.

The idea of losing this game being cause to fire the coach makes no sense to me because it is an equal match-up so losing shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone. As far as the injuries go, all that is considered by the odds-makers. If Columbus was healthy, they would be substantial favorites.

If you think the Leafs are very likely to win, go ahead and lay your money down. Back in the day I bet a lot of money (well for me a lot) when I knew I was a big favorite. If such an opportunity came along again I would take advantage of it for sure.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We didn't fare too well against Detroit's farm team in crucial games toward the end of last season, so I'm not taking anything for granted.

The boys better show up tonight if they expect a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad