Proposal: Leafs - Canucks 3 for 3 block buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
Yes, although overall during that stretch his minutes didn't change much. That was just his peak. What my point is, is that Nylander played 16 minutes regardless if he was good or not. Virtanen barely played 16 minutes and that was when he was playing at his best.

If you don't believe me read this thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2042863&page=40

Nylander played 16 minutes yet the consensus was he didn't play well and some Leaf fans were worried he floated too much.

Thanks for avoiding my overall point though, I guess you couldn't come up with much. You can't ignore that they were used differently because it plays a big reason to why their PPG are so different.

No Nylander played well, was even getting better when he was sent down. He wasn't sent down because he wasn't playing well. He was sent down because he, Shosh, Hyman, and Brown were winning them games.

Edit: was he perfect, no. But his overall game was very good. And yes, every player has an off game. It's when it's game after game, that's when your ice time is reduced.

Last edited:

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
No Nylander played well, was even getting better when he was sent down. He was sent down because he wasn't playing well. He was sent down because he, Shosh, Hyman, and Nrown were winning them games.

What are you talking about? Nylander played in the last game of the season for the Leafs against the Devils. He wasn't sent down until the season was over...

Regardless, that's not what I was trying to say but it's nice to see you continue to avoid the point I'm making.

Also they were 8-12-2 with him in the lineup...8 wins in 22 games is equivalent to 29 in 82 games, the exact amount of wins the Leafs had, so no the team wasn't any better with him.

Last edited:

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
If the stats are really so negligible between Tanev and Gardiner, then keep Gardiner. We don't care for him at all. Yes, there are similar numbers, Gardiner has been doing this playing behind Rielly, who I don't think anyone will argue is the Leafs number one.

This is still awful for the Canucks.

Nylander is the only piece that holds any interest to us, and I, we rather, don't feel he is appealing enough to trade Tanev for, let alone adding Virtanen and Hutton into the mix.

Canucks fans are not alone in this sentiment, looking at the third party reactions in the Tanev+2nd for Nylander+Kapanen fake thread that went up.

I understand the OP is not a Leafs fan, and is probably trolling everyone posting in this thread. So can we stop posting here? Neither side is happy with this proposal, so...truce?

All I have done is offer my thoughts towards a hypothetical trade. Also what makes you think I am not a Leafs fan? I've bled blue since I was a kid. Please don't disparage me.

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
Bad trade for the Canucks. They're pushing for the playoffs and even though it's unlikely they make them it's still the only interest management and fans have.
Maybe in a few years they consider moves motivated by the future but those moves are years away, right now they're going for it.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
What are you talking about? Nylander played in the last game of the season for the Leafs against the Devils. He wasn't sent down until the season was over...

Regardless, that's not what I was trying to say but it's nice to see you continue to avoid the point I'm making.

Also they were 8-12-2 with him in the lineup...8 wins in 22 games is equivalent to 29 in 82 games, the exact amount of wins the Leafs had, so no the team wasn't any better with him.

My bad, I thought it was Hyman that stayed up when they sent the kids down after they strung a few wins together.

And what's your point, every player would produce with the same amount of ice time? Well let's look at total ice time. If Jake averages 10 a game that's 550 minutes he played, and Willy at 16 a game that's like 330. So with 220 more minutes of playing time he tied Nylander. So no I don't think he would produce as much.

Last edited:

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
My bad, I thought it was Hyman that stayed up when they sent the kids down after they strung a few wins together.

And what's your point, every player would produce with the same amount of ice time? Well let's look at total ice time. If Jake averages 10 a game that's 550 minutes he played, and Willy at 16 a game that's like 330.

My point isn't just ice time, it's ice time, OZFO and PP Time. I believe that if Virtanen was given similar ice time, OZFO, and PP time he would be closer to Nylander in points. I still think Nylander would have more but it wouldn't be as big of a difference as it is currently.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
My point isn't just ice time, it's ice time, OZFO and PP Time. I believe that if Virtanen was given similar ice time, OZFO, and PP time he would be closer to Nylander in points. I still think Nylander would have more but it wouldn't be as big of a difference as it is currently.

I can agree with that, sure.

Edit: but again my point is you have to earn it, Willy did. And a GDT on the Leafs board after a lose isn't proof he didn't earn ice time.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
I can agree with that, sure.

Edit: but again my point is you have to earn it, Willy did. And a GDT on the Leafs board after a lose isn't proof he didn't earn ice time.

His very FIRST game he had nearly NINETEEN minutes of ice time.

You can't earn ice time before your first game, he was GIFTED that ice time.

eviohh26*

So Nylander earned over 18 minutes in his first game? how he do that? Lol and please dont tell me i dont understand Babcock because I'm a die hard Red Wings fan. Better believe management told him to play the **** out of him, nothing to lose anyways lol.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
So Nylander earned over 18 minutes in his first game? how he do that? Lol and please dont tell me i dont understand Babcock because I'm a die hard Red Wings fan. Better believe management told him to play the **** out of him, nothing to lose anyways lol.

By outplaying Kadri, Holland, and Laich that game. Simple as that.

eviohh26*

Those powerhouse Canucks though, who finished a whopping 6 points ahead, almost impossible to get ice time on THAT team! :laugh:

Its a deeper team. Who are you trying to kid? Our players had to earn PP time on the 2nd unit. Horvat had to fight tooth and nail to get on the 2nd PP

eviohh26*

By outplaying Kadri, Holland, and Laich that game. Simple as that.

You make that sound hard to do. You dont earn 19 minutes in your 1st game. Maybe earn an extra shift or 2. I don't understand you're logic. Babcock does not gift rookies time.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Well Horvat is nowhere near as good as Nylander, so I'm not sure what your point is.

I've been told by other Leafs fans that Virtanen is a bust for having less points than Nylander.

Horvat 40 points, Nylander 13.

Horvat 3x better than Nylander confirmed :yo:

eviohh26*

Well Horvat is nowhere near as good as Nylander, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Was an example of how young players earn time. Not sure what your point is. I am not comparing the 2 in skill anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad