:leafs

Ben Hutton

Chris Tanev

Jake Virtanen

:nucks

Jake Gardiner

William Nylander

Nikita Soshnikov or Connor Brown or Leafs 2017 2nd

Thoughts? Too big of a swap? If so how could it be simplified?

Take out Hutton, Tanev, Virtanen, Gardiner, Nylander, and Soshnikov/Brown/2nd and it works

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
Do you have a connor brown/tor 2017 2nd fetish. You propose that in almost all your threads. This is so unrealistic and won't ever occur. Leafs will not trade nylander for tanev, and the nucks are happy with tanev so they will keep him and button to continue building there defense unit. Also gardiner is a very good dmen himself, we are not going to trade him when he's signed for a sweet deal.

You have to give up value to get value. If Gards was a righty he would be sick but you saw how good Mo was when paired with Tanev at the Worlds. Unreal pair.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
That's a pretty solid deal for Toronto I'd take that. Two top 4 D and Virtanen. Even better if it's the 2nd/Soshnikov instead of Brown.

Currysux*

Gardiner < Tanev
Nylander >>> Virtanen
Brown/Soshnikov < Hutton

Idk if the difference between Nylander and Virtanen makes up for the other parts of the deal.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Damn that's tough.

Definitely would have a very hard time giving up Nylander, but that would give them 3 very solid young top 4 guys when you add in Reilly.

I doubt I do this if I'm Toronto. Nylander is going to be very good.

Definitely not as far off as people are making it sound.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Dear lord no. This is atrocious for the Canucks. We give up 2 top 4 dmen and a local boy who was recently a 6 overall pick for a #4-5 dman, a very good prospect (or two) and a pick.

Awful. Simply Awful for Vancouver.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Not close for me. Rather explore options like Nylander for a Provorov or Werenski calibre D prospect if Zaitsev disappoints. This trade leaves us with a still mediocre-at-best defense and Virtanen does nothing for me.

Only way this makes sense is if you see Gardiner as a "4 or 5 guy", in which case there's no rational discussion to be had.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Gardiner < Tanev
Nylander >>> Virtanen
Brown/Soshnikov < Hutton

Idk if the difference between Nylander and Virtanen makes up for the other parts of the deal.

I view it as Hutton= Gardiner in value. Might even lean towards preferring Hutton.

Nylander would be a fair return for Tanev.

Virtanen> the other stuff.

Easy win for Toronto.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Dear lord no. This is atrocious for the Canucks. We give up 2 top 4 dmen and a local boy who was recently a 6 overall pick for a #4-5 dman, a very good prospect (or two) and a pick.

Awful. Simply Awful for Vancouver.

I think everything you said was wrong.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
No way both teams move all those pieces.

Maybe the Canucks decide to move Tanev (or not) but that would certainly be the only major piece in the deal getting something else major in return.

I definitely have interest in Tanev. He is a major piece we'd be looking for. We aren't getting him and the rest of Vancouver's future though.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
I view it as Hutton= Gardiner in value. Might even lean towards preferring Hutton.

Nylander would be a fair return for Tanev.

Virtanen> the other stuff.

Easy win for Toronto.

So a top 5 prospect gets you a top end #2 Dman, but someone like Hutton has more value than a top end #3?

Also the other stuff includes Connor Brown. The Leafs best prospect out of the obvious 3, he is better than Virtanen

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
Nylander is a stud, he will be the best player out of that group.

Someone needs to post the latest version of him. Think it's on his Twitter. Him on the beach kicking a ball around. His thighs, oh my.

He may be a pretty boy, but the kid is a beast

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
So a top 5 prospect gets you a top end #2 Dman, but someone like Hutton has more value than a top end #3?

Also the other stuff includes Connor Brown. The Leafs best prospect out of the obvious 3, he is better than Virtanen

Which defenseman do you think you'd get in return in a deal for Nylander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad