Post-Game Talk: Leafs cakewalk to Win -> Habs suckage hits new levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I think my favorite part of last nights feel good story was when Leaf fans, showed a little bit of character and honored the Hab's faithful by singing their national anthem around the 11 minute mark of the 3rd period.... this brought a smile to my face and warmed my heart.

Every one.... (apparently we've done it before - 10 years ago almost to the same date) Ole Ole.. Oleee ..Ole.. Ole , Ole, Ole

Delicious ....

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Dubas is going to give Pridham a heart condition
Maybe afterwards he can offer this to him

1681072189647.gif

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I think my favorite part of last nights feel good story was when Leaf fans, showed a little bit of character and honored the Hab's faithful by singing their national anthem around the 11 minute mark of the 3rd period.... this brought a smile to my face and warmed my heart.

Every one.... (apparently we've done it before - 10 years ago almost to the same date) Ole Ole.. Oleee ..Ole.. Ole , Ole, Ole

Delicious ....

Music to my ears. :thumbu:

Reactions: Hellcat

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Only weird in your mind. If they called that so-called "deflection" a goal, you'd blow a gasket and say it was kicked. I know I would.
We're not talking about goals. We're talking about stripping goals of their earned assists. I don't care what team scores what goal on who. Give people the assists they earned.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
We're not talking about goals. We're talking about stripping goals of their earned assists. I don't care what team scores what goal on who. Give people the assists they earned.
Maybe I was no clear. The last I will say on this. If Evans was in the slot and he knocked that pass from marner into the Leafs net instead of Matthews' stick, and it was called a goal, would you bitch about it? I would because he kicked it.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
If Montreal wants to complain about the PP, then fine; however, we did start the 2nd unit for most of it.

I just find it funny that all of hockey laughed when Andrew Peter's did the golf swing years ago (which was funny), but you know damn well if a Leaf player did that last night, all of hockey would chastise him for doing so.

Lastly, getting mad for putting in Alexander is just weird; nothing else.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If Montreal wants to complain about the PP, then fine; however, we did start the 2nd unit for most of it.

I just find it funny that all of hockey laughed when Andrew Peter's did the golf swing years ago (which was funny), but you know damn well if a Leaf player did that last night, all of hockey would chastise him for doing so.

Lastly, getting mad for putting in Alexander is just weird; nothing else.

I will leave Montreal as a whole out of this, but Chris Wideman is really a disgrace for the comments he made about a college kid getting to experience a once in a lifetime moment.

If there's any loss of dignity, it's the poor roster Montreal chose to ice, multiplied by their poor play. I don't care if you tank, but the Habs embarrassed themselves with their effort and putting in Alexander doesn't have anything to do with it.

Plus, make up your mind. Do you want PP1 to ring up the score or do you want the let up by PP2? Do you want Samsonov to continue to shut down your team, or do you want a let up?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Maybe I was no clear. The last I will say on this. If Evans was in the slot and he knocked that pass from marner into the Leafs net instead of Matthews' stick, and it was called a goal, would you bitch about it? I would because he kicked it.
Whether or not it would count as a goal is irrelevant. The fact is it's not possession, so it shouldn't deny an assist.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
so the number 2 powerplay in the nhl isn't good enough. We have to be better than the team that is going to get the nhl all time record.
When you're facing the number 3 powerplay in the playoffs? Yea, it has to be better. Especially if you've already run the same unit in a 7 game series against the same team that beat you last year.

Get the rankings out of your head. They restart in the playoffs.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Is it bad that the Tavares/ROR/Nylander gives me a boner?

You might want to get that checked, yes.

I will leave Montreal as a whole out of this, but Chris Wideman is really a disgrace for the comments he made about a college kid getting to experience a once in a lifetime moment.

If there's any loss of dignity, it's the poor roster Montreal chose to ice, multiplied by their poor play. I don't care if you tank, but the Habs embarrassed themselves with their effort and putting in Alexander doesn't have anything to do with it.

Plus, make up your mind. Do you want PP1 to ring up the score or do you want the let up by PP2? Do you want Samsonov to continue to shut down your team, or do you want a let up?

Wideman has always been a loser, wasn't beaten enough as a child. He's crying over nothing.

If the Habs had done this, nobody would've said a word.

If his crap team can't score more than a single goal, that's on them. The team sucks. That's not on the Leafs' power play or Alexander.

Last edited:

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Damien Cox continues to prove what a moron he is.

The vast majority of fans across the NHL agree that Jett getting into the game was just a cool story, which should speak to how harmless a move it was given how polarizing the Leafs are.

As far as playing our stars on the PP, Matheson on the Canadiens wasn’t offended at all.

Wow did some leaf fan criticize his favorite cereal? Damien Cox is really bitter. He couldn't control his leaf hate for a moment there.

Nothing wrong with playing the top unit in the pp. But even then, why REALLY DESPISE the fans? fans didn't make the call. Strange man.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Wow did some leaf fan criticize his favorite cereal? Damien Cox is really bitter. He couldn't control his leaf hate for a moment there.

Nothing wrong with playing the top unit in the pp. But even then, why REALLY DESPISE the fans? fans didn't make the call. Strange man.

He also really despises Leaf fans. Cox is a nobody who thinks his opinion on sports matters.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Edmonton did the same thing with their EBUG in a game back in January. It was met with a lot of praise and positivity from the hockey community. I don't remember Chicago having an issue.

Now Toronto does the same thing and gets nothing but hate. From opposing players like Wideman, to media guys and opposing fans. Go figure.

I honestly don't care much, as I work pretty hard to tune out this kind of hate. But it really bothers me that this is what the experience for Jett Alexander gets now. He lives the dream, and gets a real NHL stat line. The team let him play so he gets an amazing memory for the rest of his life. And then petty pieces of human garbage who can't see past their own hate taint his experience with this. Now when he looks back on the day he has to remember this putrid part of the story.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Why didn't Wideman just prove it was a bad move by scoring six or seven goals on him in those 70 seconds?

Oh yeah, Wideman.

And Montreal.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
The funniest part is that we didn't even start our top unit. We started our 2nd unit, played them for 75+% of the PP, and Montreal was so bad that the top unit partially changed on to pick up the scraps and immediately scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad