Leafs/Bruins referees reprimanded for Game 2 performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Both elimination games played this evening were grittier and heavier than game 2 of the Leafs Bruins series. The NHL might be out of refs by the conference finals if they are going to keep the reprimanding consistent.

Grittier and heavier doesn’t equate to the goonery level getting out of hand. Were were the elbows, knee on knees and cross checks to the neck in these elimination games tonight.

Reactions: zaqq

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs media have been bending the knee to the Bruins all year while bashing the Leafs and now 'Leafs media bullied to league into reprimanding the Leafs'

Sun never shines on Leafs Nation.
Among the Toronto media like Jeff O'Neil for example, he's the only one who is an admitted Leafs fan and he even picked the Bruins to win the series. So the fact that some Bruins fans on here think the Toronto media influenced the refs to help the Leafs is a joke.

Mar 26, 2010
As long as those Boston Fan Refs don’t ever get to work a Toronto game again, all is good. Shut them down.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Shouldn't even have to happen in the first place if you just do your job without pushing an agenda. Don't over think things. Meier is so bush-league! It's too bad it had to occur in a Maple Leafs game but not in the least surprising, what's new eh?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I thought Don Cherry brought up a good point with how much whining the Leafs were doing. But even with that said, the refereeing from that game was like, actually dangerous to the well-being of the players.

That'd maybe hold some water if it weren't for the fact that every team "whines" to the refs for calls. Literally every single one

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Or the Toronto media was loud enough.

Look at the other series. Lots of toughness and emotion allowed there as well. Good hockey.

cry all you want,, we now have the reffs ball in our court for a bloody change against your goons.

enjoy game 4 ,,,,,,,,it will be a parade to the box for you all.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Everybody thinks this is a good thing... Until refs are so worried about getting in trouble that they're calling a bunch of petty bullshit and each team is getting 10 PPs a game.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
I'd have to see more sources on this before I believe it. An online search returns this thread and a reddit thread pointing to the same vague, unsubstantiated blog post about the supposed reprimand.

Reactions: Dache

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Not sure if the article is real or not but aren't NHL refs unionized?

If so I doubt they'll be pulled, suspended or punished. I used to be unionized and once told a manager (non-unionized) that if he was unhappy with the way I did thing he should get another job because the company would get rid of him before they got rid of me. Still worked there for almost 3 years till I left for a better opportunity.
You must have worked for one terrible company.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It was one of the worst officiated games I have seen in a long long time....and I would say that if the Leafs won too. The refs decided to not have any control over that game in any way at all. That said a "reprimand" probably went into their junk folder the minute they got it.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
A league wide change in mentality isn't going to happen over one game...
Game 3 was officiated really well. They can use that as the gold standard. The players seemed to understand what was asked of them and what they could/couldn't get away with. Lots of hits, lots of physicality, no injuries, no one looking like getting injured (Rask aside).

Hopefully tonight's game is officiated in the same manner, regardless of the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad