Leafs/Bruins referees reprimanded for Game 2 performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I thought Don Cherry brought up a good point with how much whining the Leafs were doing. But even with that said, the refereeing from that game was like, actually dangerous to the well-being of the players.
Don Cherry also had no problems with Logan Couture complaining about his goalie interference play during that same segment. So he shouldn't give an opinion like that.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I personally think this is the fault of the NHL & Director of Officiating. The refs are the fall guys, NHL refs are competent enough to call penalties. If they aren't calling them then it's because of the league's directive to 'let them play' instead of calling the actual rules.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
They let boston get away with a lot of garbage until Kadri had enough and crosschecked him. Thanks refs.
No, Kadri doesn’t get off that easily. He’s a dirty player. Period. Full stop. Yes, the reffing was bad, but Kadri was just being Kadri.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Lol refs being “reprimanded” by the league is like when parents tell their children to go to their room and won’t have desert tonight for their bad behavior. No real consequences.

Meanwhile, my immigrant ass was getting whooped with the belt by my parents when I misbehaved.
Russel Peters is that you? :)

Reactions: Galactico

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Cmon, “we’ll so and do reported it”. Don’t you think it sounded far fetched from the start???

And don’t you think there’s a reason I checked the recap, that reason being the article was clearly wrong?

Yikes. Got a bridge to sell ya!

The article was wrong about what exactly?

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
You guys believe this?

Hansen and Meier did the Stars game last night according to NHL.com.

I thought the fact that the Leafs forum has an “officiating thread” was pretty funny.

This is even better.
Is that better or worse than:

"crucial-faceoff strobe light "accidents" in Toronto"

Reactions: LeafsLegendAkiBerg

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
You guys believe this?

Hansen and Meier did the Stars game last night according to NHL.com.

I thought the fact that the Leafs forum has an “officiating thread” was pretty funny.

This is even better.

I find it funnier that you play the good citizen on the Leafs forum when it's quite clearly disingenuous, as shown by this.

Game 2 is long gone and the NHL officiating has been pretty bad for awhile now, so I don't really care either way.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I find it funnier that you play the good citizen on the Leafs forum when it's quite clearly disingenuous, as shown by this.

Game 2 is long gone and the NHL officiating has been pretty bad for awhile now, so I don't really care either way.

I have a couple work friends on the Leafs forum. Good guys. That’s what introduced me there and they’re the ones that mentioned initially about that particular thread.

Sorry, didn’t mean to attack Leafs fans as a whole. I did think it was kind of humorous but i didn’t need to mention it in this thread. Not cool on me.

Reactions: Jmo89

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
The pairings have been locked and set and the league doesn't want to show publically. I would be shocked if they are around after round1

Let's see if they ref anymore games. Maybe there wasn't enough time to replace them for the Dallas game

We will see. Then again another pair could be equally horrible and these guys will look average. I know it’s tough to ref in this league but man, some of the calls in all series are crazy.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
They reffed the Predators/Stars last game though. As much as I would love for this to be true, i don't think it is.

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
Not sure if the article is real or not but aren't NHL refs unionized?

If so I doubt they'll be pulled, suspended or punished. I used to be unionized and once told a manager (non-unionized) that if he was unhappy with the way I did thing he should get another job because the company would get rid of him before they got rid of me. Still worked there for almost 3 years till I left for a better opportunity.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It's so odd to me how years and years go by and you see the same comments and attitudes that completely ignore or not understand that officials have unions.

Things do happen, Getting series and getting to officiate deeper or not demoted at years end. But if you want transparency to believe it. Attack the right source. Complain at the media for not going and demanding answers of the official union, when their next CBA talk is up be adamant about it being important. It's not the league as they would probably change a lot but never could because of the union deals. That's why the refs initially reviewed the challenges and not Toronto because of the union fighting for it. I'm pro unions of players and refs but dont get why the fans and media dont attack these CBA discussions more.

Reactions: Rydgar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA