GDT: Leafs@Bruins 7 PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Most B's fans don't hate the Leafs or their fans.

As a STH in Boston for many years I have always liked the visiting Toronto fans. I also went to a game up there in 2014 and loved the city. The fans teased my daughter and myself but knew their hockey and were friendly.

I dislike the Habs (of course), the Flyers and the Nucks.

I hope for a great game tonight with no injuries to either team.

See you there (There are always many Leaf fans at the Garden).

I wish!! Just seemed like a lot of hate in your GDT...which i have zero issue with!!:laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looks like the D will be;

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Borgman-Carrick

Though, Rielly is still on the IR

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I wish!! Just seemed like a lot of hate in your GDT...which i have zero issue with!!:laugh:

HF's posters do not make up the majority of team fans.

We have extremes here ... you don't actually think 35+ million hockey fans visit HF's daily do you? (10% of the NA population)

I don't like the Bruins but it isn't on the scale of the Canucks.

But certainly good old animosity in a GDT is great!

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
IS babcock the ultimate troll?? Dermott has played amazing, should
Not be benched a single game. Polak back in?? Yes we should
Slow down the game and ice the puck
More... Lou do your thing and get rid of babcocks toy

Reactions: dsred and ToMaLe

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Really ? I see more fans saying they don't hate the Leafs (see pre game thread too).

I know at the Garden the STH I know don't hate the Leafs at all.

Enjoy the game.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
The f*** is that defense line-up? Why is one of our best d-man in the last couple of games sitting out?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
HF's posters do not make up the majority of team fans.

We have extremes here ... you don't actually think 35+ million hockey fans visit HF's daily do you? (10% of the NA population)

I don't like the Bruins but it isn't on the scale of the Canucks.
I will always remember the support from this board when the B's were in the finals against the Nucks. I was amazed how many hockey fans wanted the B's to win over the Nucks. Not the Habs though :laugh:...They were cheering for Vancouver.

I want a B's win tonight but if you guys made it to the finals I would probably be cheering for the Leafs.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Really ? I see more fans saying they don't hate the Leafs (see pre game thread too).

I know at the Garden the STH I know don't hate the Leafs at all.

Enjoy the game.
Again, i have no problem with it....these two teams always make for a great game!!

Reactions: Ladyfan

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Most B's fans don't hate the Leafs or their fans.

As a STH in Boston for many years I have always liked the visiting Toronto fans. I also went to a game up there in 2014 and loved the city. The fans teased my daughter and myself but knew their hockey and were friendly.

I dislike the Habs (of course), the Flyers and the Nucks.

I hope for a great game tonight with no injuries to either team.

See you there (There are always many Leaf fans at the Garden).

It isn't true hate like both fan bases seem to have for the Habs but the likely playoff match up is heating things up. Neither is an under-dog where they would come away happy from losing a close series. I am okay with a vocal minority from both sides stirring the pot because there isn't that natural rivalry. We need to have emotion or winning is just a stat, even if it's just "synthetic" hate. At this point I can only muster mild disapproval of the Bs:) so hopefully we have a hard fought game tonight as a playoff preview.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I will always remember the support from this board when the B's were in the finals against the Nucks. I was amazed how many hockey fans wanted the B's to win over the Nucks. Not the Habs though :laugh:...They were cheering for Vancouver.

I want a B's win tonight but if you guys made it to the finals I would probably be cheering for the Leafs.
Prett easy to unite against the Nucks!:thumbu:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It isn't true hate like both fan bases seem to have for the Habs but the likely playoff match up is heating things up. Neither is an under-dog where they would come away happy from losing a close series. I am okay with a vocal minority from both sides stirring the pot because there isn't that natural rivalry. We need to have emotion or winning is just a stat, even if it's just "synthetic" hate. At this point I can only muster mild disapproval of the Bs:) so hopefully we have a hard fought game tonight as a playoff preview.

Without Polak and Martin....i hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad