Confirmed with Link: Leafs bring back Malgin on a 1 year deal, $750k

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Hahahaha.....this is sooooooooo incredfible.

Please keep posting. The pure comedy and lack of knowledge makes your posts a hoot to read.
He was playing like shit when I posted this, so shit that he didn't dress for a few games. How much you want to bet he's in the pressbox again this season??

I'm sure I can go through your posts and find a few nuggets of gold if I wanted to ;)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We (myself included) may have judged Malgin too early - he was the most consistent Leaf over both weekend games. If he consistently can be a quick nuisance who is confident on the puck, that bottom 6 immediately gets a huge boost.

I wouldn't say a huge boost necessarily, but if Malgin can cement a job it means closing a revolving door roster spot, which is really needed. We need more guys to be part of the team, feel like they're part of the team and not have 3-4 guys who are just NBA bench.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
He was playing like shit when I posted this, so shit that he didn't dress for a few games. How much you want to bet he's in the pressbox again this season??

I'm sure I can go through your posts and find a few nuggets of gold if I wanted to ;)
Hey, how dare you judge Malgin after a few games. Posters that rip you for it, hey Malgin had a few good games, he’s the cats pajamas. Funny how that works

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I wouldn't say a huge boost necessarily, but if Malgin can cement a job it means closing a revolving door roster spot, which is really needed. We need more guys to be part of the team, feel like they're part of the team and not have 3-4 guys who are just NBA bench.

That was basically what I was alluding too - they've spent all season so far just throwing as many different combinations together in the bottom 6 to see what sticks, and if they can cement Malgin in one of those holes, it will feel like a "huge boost" especially considering where they were this time last week, desperate for any sort of contribution from lines that weren't the top 2.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Malgin has been good. Give him credit. If you're going to criticize him during bad games, than praise him for good games.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
What's encouraging is his ability to elude opposition players with little time and space, something that obviously isn't easy to do. He doesn't seem to be intimidated by physical play either. If he can get sufficient ice time playing with adequate players and if he keeps it up he can definitely help solidify our bottom 6 and 2nd PP unit. Possibly more... Lotta 'ifs' there but we're due for a feel-good story.

Reactions: banks and Ciao

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Do you think 25 goals is a reasonable expectation for a 4th liner making league minimum salary?
yeah 4th line vs top 6 opportunity is important to contextualize. If he's on the 4th line instead of the top 6 I would lower it by a lot. But this is a guy who doesn't add much + value other then his scoring so he needs to score.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
yeah 4th line vs top 6 opportunity is important to contextualize. If he's on the 4th line instead of the top 6 I would lower it by a lot. But this is a guy who doesn't add much + value other then his scoring so he needs to score.
He has not been on the ice for a single goal against at 5 on 5,

Can you point out all the other 25 goal 4th liners league wide? We are all waiting.....

It's obvious you either haven't been watching the games.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
He has not been on the ice for a single goal against at 5 on 5,

Can you point out all the other 25 goal 4th liners league wide? We are all waiting.....

It's obvious you either haven't been watching the games.
In the post that you just quoted I literally just said it's important to contextualize that the 25 goal expectation would be lowered by a lot if he's on the 4th line and not the top 6.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Delete. No energy if it cause fight
I saw it and I agree 100% so will handle any fights from here. Will PM you for my commission later.

The guys roasting the team all summer (objectively) are the same guys saying we will win 80% of the games the CORE shows up (objective truth).

I cringe when win streaks lead to depth praise. If the core plays average or below, everyone else gets exposed for being mediocre.

Keep your eye on the prize. Our core can go 10-0 with ease and carry everyone if they want to ball out.

Malgin is a placeholder until further notice. That core is too good to keep wasting on 100% swap lawn chair vanilla depth.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Given the line started like 75% of their time on ice in the Dzone and controlled 75% of the play in the offensive zone, either Kamph and ZAR became dominant puck carrying wizards, or Malgin helped a wee bit.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I saw it and I agree 100% so will handle any fights from here. Will PM you for my commission later.

The guys roasting the team all summer (objectively) are the same guys saying we will win 80% of the games the CORE shows up (objective truth).

I cringe when win streaks lead to depth praise. If the core plays average or below, everyone else gets exposed for being mediocre.

Keep your eye on the prize. Our core can go 10-0 with ease and carry everyone if they want to ball out.

Malgin is a placeholder until further notice. That core is too good to keep wasting on 100% swap lawn chair vanilla depth.
I agree and disagree. But Malgin doen't need to be a gamechanger. The Leafs need him to create some offence when the 4 are not on their game. Which happens to every good player a few times a year.

Come playoff time he needs a Nick Paul moment. The Leafs held Tampa's stars to nothing in Game 7 and they had an answer somewhere in their depth.

The Leafs could have used that in Game 6 against Montreal in OT, Game 6 against TB in OT and Game 7 both years in losing a 1 goal game.

Hopefully Malgin can be that guy since he is already here. If not, the neverending search continues

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Given the line started like 75% of their time on ice in the Dzone and controlled 75% of the play in the offensive zone, either Kamph and ZAR became dominant puck carrying wizards, or Malgin helped a wee bit.
I've been pleasantly surprised by his defensive awareness and positioning. Our bottom six continues to be an uncompleted jigsaw puzzle, but at least Malgin has shown himself to have some useful qualities for a bottom six role.

Reactions: kb

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Hey, how dare you judge Malgin after a few games. Posters that rip you for it, hey Malgin had a few good games, he’s the cats pajamas. Funny how that works
Two good games with fancy corsi that yielded nothing on the scoreboard is enough to get the moisture levels on this board off the charts. This is why Leaf fans are considered the most obnoxious fanbase in the league lmao.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Malgin has been good. Give him credit. If you're going to criticize him during bad games, than praise him for good games.
Maybe give it a little more than a couple of games before we kick off 'Malgin Circle Jerkfest 2022'??
I'm 100% in on him playing better and making the bottom 6 more effective than he's been. Prior to the benching he was utter shite, his current play does not change that.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Lol no one is moistening. We’re just calling it like it is, Malgin’s looked great the last three games on the fourth line and coincidentally those were the only three times all year our fourth line looked good. He deserves to be called out for good play just as he deserved to be called out for being useless on the second line. No one is saying he’s god’s gift to earth.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Lol no one is moistening. We’re just calling it like it is, Malgin’s looked great the last three games on the fourth line and coincidentally those were the only three times all year our fourth line looked good. He deserves to be called out for good play just as he deserved to be called out for being useless on the second line. No one is saying he’s god’s gift to earth.
I agree with this part, it's just that some keyboard warriors on here get all bent out of shape when they see their favorite player get called out. I mean, there's a reason why Keefe stapled his ass to the pressbox??

giphy (11).gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad