Confirmed with Link: Leafs bring back Malgin on a 1 year deal, $750k

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Why are people upset that Malgin is doing well in the bottom 6 (arguably the best bottom 6'er) and freaking out over playoffs saying no wins and can't win with him?

IMO that's the dumbest thing I have ever read.
If that’s the case my friend , I’m the absolute dumbest , stupidest, inanest , imbecile ever in the history of the universe…..🤪😂
kb your awesome brotha , on this one I’m sorry I’m not feeling this munchkin when it counts at all
But
As always I hope I’m wrong , but you heard it here first , he won’t finish the year in a Leaf uniform or any other team ….
The only reason why he was given this chance and is still here , it’s because of the very unfortunate trade for Marchment and egggg on face syndrome and they are going to give him every opportunity to try to justify it ..
It’s always been the case for these lopsided trades

Last edited:

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Why are people upset that Malgin is doing well in the bottom 6 (arguably the best bottom 6'er) and freaking out over playoffs saying no wins and can't win with him?

IMO that's the dumbest thing I have ever read.
In all honesty at the start of the season about the first 5 games he looked a bit lackluster. Probably just adjustments to the system and coming back to the NHL. Not just preseason play.

Since ... I agree he's been one of the most effective bottom 6 guys Leafs have. He's getting chances but he's also playing the body well for a guy who isn't very big. No problems at all how he's playing. 4th line has been playing well.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Malign is starting to grow on me a bit. Maybe put a shooter on his line. Aston-Reese cost Malgin an apple tonight.

Wouldn’t mind giving Robertson a shot on that line with Kampf and Malgin. Or re-unite Robertson-Kerfoot-Malgin from preseason and then you could re-unite Engvall-Kampf who had chemistry last year. Tavares-Marner have chemistry this game and Matthews-Nylander are just elite when their on.

????/Bunting- Matthews - Nylander
Bunting/????? - Tavares - Marner
Robertson - Kerfoot- Malgin
Engvall - Kampf - Jarnkrok
Other than Kampf That bottom 6 is literally the softest , weakest , in the history of the NHL and I truly mean it .
The other teams have no fear and laugh would at your 6 .
I know if I was in the opposition dressing room I would feel like it will be a walk in the park kinda matchup there

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
If that’s the case my friend , I’m the absolute dumbest , stupidest, inanest , imbecile ever in the history of the universe…..🤪😂
kb your awesome brotha , on this one I’m sorry I’m not feeling this munchkin when it counts at all
But
As always I hope I’m wrong , but you heard it here first , he won’t finish the year in a Leaf uniform or any other team ….
The only reason why he was giving this chance and is still here , it’s because of the very unfortunate trade for Marchment and egggg on face syndrome and they are going to give him every opportunity to try to justify it ..
It’s always been the case for these lopsided trades

OK zooman, what animal does Malgin remind you of? 🤔.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
We are talking about mini Malgin not the 4th line
Disagree all you want
Here’s the reality
“0” playoff round wins !!!!!!!!!
“0” count ‘em !!!!
Of course this isn’t on him , but if we continue with players like him in our bottom 6
That “0” number will continue to be “0”
Do you actually know that with all of our top loaded talent that we’ve won “ 0” ?????
Do you think that we should possibly try a different way ?
Did you know that Malgin has never actually played in a playoff game over the course of his career? Sort of hard to say players like Malgin don’t count in the playoffs when he’s never had an opportunity.

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Did you know that Malgin has never actually played in a playoff game over the course of his career? Sort of hard to say players like Malgin don’t count in the playoffs when he’s never had an opportunity.

Fair point. A few times throughout this thread folks have critiqued him for likely not being able to help out in the playoffs when the reality is we have no way of knowing one way or the other.

He's a blank slate as far as the post season is concerned

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
OK zooman, what animal does Malgin remind you of? 🤔.
1668730852517.gif

kb

Aug 28, 2009
If we move Malgin up

Who would everyone move to his slot on the 4th line?
Here's what I can 100% respect.

This is truthful. Malgin may deserve a huge promotion because of how he is playing, but why mess up the bottom 6 now that they have been playing as good or better than the top line?

Agreed........

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Here's what I can 100% respect.

This is truthful. Malgin may deserve a huge promotion because of how he is playing, but why mess up the bottom 6 now that they have been playing as good or better than the top line?

Agreed........

I think he's suited to the game he is being asked to play right now as well.

Would be interesting to see him moved up but not sure if he would rise up to having to change his game as well

Plus yeah we finally found the fourth line solution why risk that for what could be a minimal game. Although Kampf is playing so well maybe that aspect of it doesn't matter.

I think earlier in this thread I said we just need 4th liners that will play solid hockey instead of getting waived ( might have been the NAK thread). At league min Malgin is providing that for sure

My rule of thumb is if a league min guy looks like he can play NHL hockey at a reasonable level ( unless he's like the number one pick or were counting in him in net something) im happy

Is he playing solid nhl hockey? Yes so im happy with it.

Same with Benn

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad