Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #7

Prospect Ranking #7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
the continued fascination with Bracco is so weird to me.

a one diminsional skill player who doesn't score.

He's one of those guys where the skill & IQ hasn't yet matched the production. Reminds me of Denisenko in all the best ways.

I see why you're skeptical being a mostly pure stats guy, but some of us look at the crazy upside. Wouldn't be the first to develop "late" but he was always seen as a project pick.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.

:leafs

23 Years & Over:
  1. F Andreas Johnsson
  2. D Calle Rosen
  3. D Andreas Borgman
  4. F Par Lindholm
  5. F Josh Leivo
  6. F Trevor Moore
  7. F Miro Aaltonen
  8. D Igor Ozhiganov
  9. G Kasimir Kaskisuo
  10. G Garret Sparks
  11. F Mason Marchment
  12. D Frederik Gauthier
22 Years & Under:
  1. D Timothy Liljegren
  2. D Travis Dermott
  3. D Rasmus Sandin
  4. F Kasperi Kapanen
  5. F Carl Grundstrom
  6. D Sean Durzi
  7. F Yegor Korshkov
  8. F Jeremy Bracco
  9. F Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
  10. D Eemeli Rasanen
  11. G Joseph Woll
  12. G Ian Scott
  13. F Adam Brooks
  14. F Pierre Engvall
  15. F Riley Stotts
  16. F Dmytro Timashov
  17. D Jesper Lindgren
  18. D Filip Kral
  19. D J.D. Greenway
  20. D Mac Hollowell
  21. D Andrew Nielsen
  22. F Nikolai Chebykin
  23. F Pontus Holmberg
  24. F Martins Dzierkals
  25. F Dakota Joshua
  26. D Fedor Gordeev
  27. G Zachary Bouthillier
  28. F Ryan McGregor
  29. F Semyon Kizimov
  30. F Vladislav Kara
  31. D Ryan O'Connell
Best thing about these 2 lists is the bottom one looks better than the top one. I fact, if you took AJ out of the top list, it wouldn't be very good at all.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Sure. As I said, he's going to get a bigger role next year, so things could change quickly for him.

But you don't get extra credit for things you haven't done. Brooks would have done a lot better if he played with Johnsson and Grundstrom all year, but he we don't evaluate him as if he did.
The whole idea of this exercise is to try and figure out the future. So no, you don't evaluate as if a player did play with better players. You're evaluating about what he could do with better players. Or a bigger role.

Based on your logic, a guy like Durzi (as an example) should get almost no credit as he's never played a pro game. Or a game against adults (not counting overagers).

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
The whole idea of this exercise is to try and figure out the future. So no, you don't evaluate as if a player did play with better players. You're evaluating about what he could do with better players. Or a bigger role.

Based on your logic, a guy like Durzi (as an example) should get almost no credit as he's never played a pro game. Or a game against adults (not counting overagers).

No, we judge Durzi based on his performance in junior.

And we evaluate Bracco based on his performance in junior and his rookie AHL season. Neither were particularly impressive.

Reactions: Once and pulfordfan

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
As what? A 4th line checker? He can barely pick up 0.5 ppg on his team in the KHL, routinely out performed performace wise on that team by the likes of AHL castoffs and players who are max 20 pt NHL bubble players. IMHO, even Engvall has moved ahead of him on the depth chart.

Yeah good points. I like his skillset and his size. I think it is what the Leafs need amongst the smallish players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad