Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat the Kings - B2B shutouts

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Phone hearing? Maybe it’s just a fine or one game

I'm good with that....

still one of the most awkward game misconducts I've ever seen by both players. The normally passive Engvall seemed to be torn on how to slash him and slowed it down in a weird deliberate way and Durzi acted like he was shot a Ribeiro'd on the ground for 2 seconds before bouncing up like nothing happened to chirp the bunch.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It's funny how having solid goaltending changes the perception of basically the same team D as last season and pretty much Keefe's entire tenure.

Sure, the core is into its prime now too but having injury riddled sullen Andersen, Sparks, Hutch, Kallgren, No save Dave, Mrazek, Kaskisuo really hurt the overall team performance. The best goalie the Leafs have had under Keefe was current worst in the NHL goalie Campbell and both Andersen and Campbell choked hard in big playoff games. The confidence in the room goaltending stability brings cannot be overstated,

An argument can be made that, right now, Murray and Samsonov may be the first actual healthy, legit NHL starters to even play for the Leafs under Keefe.

Was "NHL All-Star" Campbell a product of an incredible team with no other options with the Covid cap freeze?

Really interesting to see how this plays out.
This is completely different, they just look more engaged. It’s like a light switch finally went on. Not sure why it takes so long, but hopefully they sustain this

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
And yet he's been one of our best playoff performers over the last couple of years.

Go figure.

Again?

He has been pretty damn good in the past tow playoffs.

How so?

The Leafs had the better goalie. No different than Tampa last year in Game 6.

Nylander is PPG over the past 3 playoffs.....the only other player on the Leafs with more points over that stretch is Matthews.

Which means....he RAISED his play in the playoffs.

Hardly unexpected from casual observers though

You are responding to all sorts of special takes there. lol
G7 D1g <4m w/PU ≠ 100%.

Cannot win that way.

• Haha
Reactions: notDatsyuk

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
I have missed so many games recently and it looks the Leafs are just on a tear. It's not fair. Sounds like we handled the king's easily last night. Congrats to Sammy for the shut out, and big ups to Mitch Money on 21 straight. He's coming for Kane's record.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
In the name of consistency…. When we were a bit of a mess after 7-8 games, the sky was falling and everybody needed to be fired or traded… I said patience. 7-8 games is meaningless. Now, less than thirty games into the season, we’ve had one heck of a streak and firing on all cylinders…. It feels good, it’s fun to watch…. And it’s still equally meaningless. This is a qualification process for the playoffs, that’s all. By all means, enjoy this, but at the end of the day, all we will remember is the playoffs. I sure hope we finally have success, but no need to get too high, or low, in the ebbs and flows of a long season
I was teasing - but i agree with your overall sentiment

Reactions: Fogelhund

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Say what you will about Keefe but his system seems to allow the Leafs to switch players in and out seamlessly.

Timmis after practicing a few times sems to get it. Mete and Benn were fine.

Every forward seems to have bought in.

If only they had scored in OT last year in game 6...
Or even beat Montreal the year before, they would have walked over the Jets. They win two rounds that year most people probably give them more of a pass for losing a hard fought 7 game series to the back to back champs. Hopefully they have finally learned the lessons needed though.

Kings sit 3rd in their division. What a lousy team. Meanwhile Tampa sits 3rd in our division and fans of the Pacific teams want to try and act like that division isnt complete garbage.
I said it last night but a team like Buffalo would probably be in a serious fight for a playoff spot in the west. In our division? They got levels they still need to climb that at the very least isn't going to happen this year and maybe not even next year. Edmonton is another team that wouldn't sniff the playoffs in the east.

Reactions: Jojalu and ACC1224

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Possibly the two best Leaf games from top to bottom in 30 years? The forwards are supporting their d. Everyone is blocking shots. We got speed. TBF the other teams are playing like shite too, chicken and egg TBH, are the teams playing like shite cause they suck or are the Leafs making the other team play like shite?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Phone hearing? Maybe it’s just a fine or one game
Sorry but if he gets suspended that is complete dog sh*t .. but it is NHL and gives Bettman a chance to LOL with us fans i guess .. engval wanted to fight dufus on kings and kings guy wanted no part but to talk and cheap shot him .. i would have knocked his 2 front teeth out .. would be worth da suspension for real

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
This is completely different, they just look more engaged. It’s like a light switch finally went on. Not sure why it takes so long, but hopefully they sustain this
Literally the only difference is that the goalies aren't consistently letting in stinkers. Your perception is just massively impacted by the outcome.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
By all means, enjoy this, but at the end of the day, all we will remember is the playoffs. I sure hope we finally have success, but no need to get too high, or low, in the ebbs and flows of a long season.
I agree, but the way things are here, it seems getting too high gets ridiculed.

Essentially, HF Leafs kind of takes from the great Marge Simpson.

"Aim low. Aim so low, no one will even care if you succeed. Dinner's in the oven. You want some butter, it's under my face."

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Just watched now.

That was careless. Probably unintentional but should be a game.

Durzis mom was the best part. That family was loving when he got booed. Total heels. It’s great

Reactions: AvroArrow

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
If you were listening on the radio, you had no idea what happen ended.

Funniest call of the year.

On a personal note, that was the first time I’ve actually cheered for a goal in a long time.
Funny you say that. I'm normally pretty stoic when watching the game, trying not to get emotionally involved (hurt too often for too many years, lol) yet when Marner scored I slammed my fist on the couch and shouted "yaaaaa". My wife thought who is this guy. But truly, the Leafs, and Marner in particular deserved that goal.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Shouldn’t be a suspension but because it’s a leaf player I’m expecting 2 games.

Yeah it was pretty light, dangerous play but he didn't swing hard at all. I'd be ok with a 1 game suspension, but the league set the precedent with the Kaprizov play already, that was MUCH dirtier, so I see why you're saying it shouldn't be a suspension.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
" Marner keeps saying Kämpf deserves much more credit than he receives.
“It’s huge for me, from a guy like him,” Kämpf says.

In addition to his stellar defensive play, the $1.5-million bargain centre is producing at an 11-goal, 32-point clip. He’s on track for his greatest offensive season."

I couldn't agree more with Mitch.

Reactions: Menzinger

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Just remember folks, according to the league this play did not warrant either a penalty or suspension, simply a fine.

If you are wearing a Leaf jersey and your 'victim' dives and sells the acting job only then will a suspension be discussed. Bonus points if the 'victim' is wearing a Bruins jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00