GDT: Leafs @ Avalanche- 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Wasn't it the Avs that started the team on their slump of losing games late in regulation? They were up 3-0 last game I think and lost on a goal in the last few minutes.

Then they let one in late against Edmonton and someone else.

Reactions: Jojalu

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I'm still in disbelief that we took Vegas' style and fed it right back to them. Leafs teams from the past just don't do that.

Tonight will be a better test because Colorado aren’t missing their best players and you know MacKinnon isn’t going to take this one lightly. Hopefully Matthews can outplay MacKinnon in Colorado to make up for last time

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It is a pretty big adjustment.

Any team from Denver would have an advantadge over a visiting team from another State.

Does this mean MacKinnon, Sakic and Forsberg all had an unfair advantage over other elite players? Because it’s hard to imagine they would be much worse playing for another team.

Reactions: Jojalu
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Tonight will be a better test because Colorado aren’t missing their best players and you know MacKinnon isn’t going to take this one lightly. Hopefully Matthews can outplay MacKinnon in Colorado to make up for last time
They're technically missing their best LW :sarcasm:

But yeah, this will certainly be the toughest test since the break. They are much quicker than the teams we've played, so I am hoping we can match their speed.

Reactions: authentic

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Lets go!

Attachments

• 20240224_184754.jpg
    20240224_184754.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 2

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Does this mean MacKinnon, Sakic and Forsberg all had an unfair advantage over other elite players? Because it’s hard to imagine they would be much worse playing for another team.
Training in high altitude does give an advantadge.

They would all be superstars no matter where they played though.

I know for baseball it makes a difference and not just for how far the ball will travel, but how it affects spin on a breaking ball.

Lots of evidence as to why Kenya runs marathons so well is due to the high altitude they train in.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I hate that the Leafs are trying to look like the 90s Tampa Bay Lightning. Even the blue and greys from that weird bubble year looked more Leafy.
As long as you can tell high ream is which, does it really matter what they wear?

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Yeah Brady you guys are certainly proving all the doubters wrong with your garbage time win. Best thing their team has done all season is turn ours around.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Hope nobody breaks their femur jumping off the bandwagon if we lose one.

Should be a good tilt.
People who hop on bandwagons in February deserve what they get (or don't get).

The Av's embarrassed us last time we met, here's hoping for a much more respectable performance this time around.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I hate that my tax dollars are funding this buffoonery
You do realize that CBC has not produced NHL Hockey since the spring of 2014. Basically, they just give over some air time to Sportsnet (who gets all the ad money) in exchange for content and promo spots. The broadcasters and crew all work for SN who pays for all productio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad