Pre-Game Talk: Leafs at Flyers Nov 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
All I have seen him do is play like dog **** at both ends of the ice.

ZERO offense

ZERO defense

I think a bump to 3rd pairing matchups for a bit to boost his confidence would really help. You can tell he does SOME things well. I think his play under pressure (in the D zone, nowhere else) has really come through these past couple weeks... He really just needs to work on playing a super simple game and then making smart decisions at the offensive blue line.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
I am watching the Avs-Stars game and Kadri is a beast for them. He has thrown at least 4 big hits so far and scored a goal, which got waved off. I am starting to really appreciate him now that he is gone. The Barrie trade was a huge mistake. We never needed Barrie and he is not going to work out here (at least with Babcock). I am sure Barrie is cursing himself also, because of his contract year. The team needs heart and passion.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So yeah.

Lots of dishonest posters on here were saying last year that the reason our star players didnt get enough PP time was because the Leafs didnt draw enough penalties...

Right now, the Leafs are 9th in the league in PP opportunities. Our player with the most PP time is Matthews and he is ranked 58th in the league in PP time.

So let me say this again: Babcock intentionally limits the offensive usage of his star players. I repeat: Babcock intentionally limits the offensive usage of his star players.

You can all stop lying now. Thank you very much.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
And where in anything I just wrote did I admit I was "wrong"?

Are you OK? :laugh:

You actually need me to explain this.... wow.

Well you see here junior, the star players are on one PP unit, and the other players are on the other unit.

So when you split the time between them, you are intentionally limiting the star player`s minutes. Other superior teams do not take this approach - The Bruins for example (the team who`s beaten us the last 2 years) has gotten less PP`s than us so far this year but have their main boys ahead of ours in PP time.

Now that this is out of the way, I'd sincerely appreciate if the lying stopped.

I don't want to be so hostile, but it's very aggravating when folks who haven't taken the time to understand something antagonize the folks who have taken the time to understand something.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
You actually need me to explain this.... wow.

Well you see here junior, the star players are on one PP unit, and the other players are on the other unit.

So when you split the time between them, you are intentionally limiting the star player`s minutes. Other superior teams do not take this approach - The Bruins for example (the team who`s beaten us the last 2 years) has gotten less PP`s than us so far this year but have their main boys ahead of ours in PP time.

Now that this is out of the way, I'd sincerely appreciate if the lying stopped.

I don't want to be so hostile, but it's very aggravating when folks who haven't taken the time to understand something antagonize the folks who have taken the time to understand something.

When the 1st unit is categorically ineffective and can barely even access the offensive zone, it's time for a shift change. I don't really care how Ovechkin, McDavid, and the Bergeron line are deployed on a per minute basis, I care about our line.

And if they suck, they suck, and it's time for a change.

But to put it frank, you're going absolutely over the rails about Babcock not using his 1st pp a full two minutes when literally maybe 3 of 31 teams draw deploy their units like that. If a sports team gets you this riled up it's probably time you took a step back, take a breathe, and relax a bit.

Sports are supposed to be fun but when people on the internet are freaking out about minute details of the game, it seems a lot less so.

You know what I mean?

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
I am watching the Avs-Stars game and Kadri is a beast for them. He has thrown at least 4 big hits so far and scored a goal, which got waved off. I am starting to really appreciate him now that he is gone. The Barrie trade was a huge mistake. We never needed Barrie and he is not going to work out here (at least with Babcock). I am sure Barrie is cursing himself also, because of his contract year. The team needs heart and passion.

It was a huge mistake. Kadri is on a very friendly contract. He loved being a Leaf. I remember Marner last year saying that Kadri was the “protector” on the team. Barrie has been nothing short of a disaster. Kerfoot is undersized and one of the lowest IQ players in the league. Dubas doubled down on this mistake by extending Kerfoot. Congrats, you just extended David Desharnais 2.0 for 3 years at 3.5 million per. Kadri is under team control for another 2 years after this season at 4.5 million per.

Barrie will walk and you will get nothing. Congrats, you have basically traded Kadri for Kerfoot and save $1 million a year on the cap. WTF is wrong with Dubas?

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
It was a huge mistake. Kadri is on a very friendly contract. He loved being a Leaf. I remember Marner last year saying that Kadri was the “protector” on the team. Barrie has been nothing short of a disaster. Kerfoot is undersized and one of the lowest IQ players in the league. Dubas doubled down on this mistake by extending Kerfoot. Congrats, you just extended David Desharnais 2.0 for 3 years at 3.5 million per. Kadri is under team control for another 2 years after this season at 4.5 million per.

Barrie will walk and you will get nothing. Congrats, you have basically traded Kadri for Kerfoot and save $1 million a year on the cap. WTF is wrong with Dubas?
Kadri didn’t fit the creme puff model Dubas is building the team after therefore he’s not worth anything of value. First we got a team of Burke’s skilless goons now Dubas skilled creme puffs. Let’s meet in the middle shall we MLSE?

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia

For me there is nothing special about Kerfoot. In a game he is just there. From time to time he can do something, but nothing is really expected from him. In the meantime Kadri is/was special. We drafted him and we developed him. He bled blue and white and grew up with the team. There were so many expectations on him and as a matter of fact he lived up to all of them. He was used offensively and defensively. You knew in the thick of things when stuff was on the line Kadri always stood up. With time he actually turned into a veteran and a leader on the team. He is the perfect 2nd / 3rd line center that a team can want. I really blame Dubas on this. What was he thinking?!? Kadri for Barrie was a horrible trade and it can never be compensated with Kerfoot.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
So yeah.

Lots of dishonest posters on here were saying last year that the reason our star players didnt get enough PP time was because the Leafs didnt draw enough penalties...

Right now, the Leafs are 9th in the league in PP opportunities. Our player with the most PP time is Matthews and he is ranked 58th in the league in PP time.

So let me say this again: Babcock intentionally limits the offensive usage of his star players. I repeat: Babcock intentionally limits the offensive usage of his star players.

You can all stop lying now. Thank you very much.

hey.

i don't think i heard you loud enough.

could you repeat a third time?

Reactions: Polaris1010

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
WTF is wrong with Dubas?
I don't get it. I really don't

If Kadri's replacement at center was Nylander, then I can understand. The veteran makes way for the younger guy, a rite of passage.

But to have Kerfoot as Kadri's replacement?

Why?

Maybe Dubas should have traded for a player who would beat people up so Kadri would not have to.

To many moves that appear to be lateral moves are blowing up in his face.

You are what your record says you are.

:baghead:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
For me there is nothing special about Kerfoot. In a game he is just there. From time to time he can do something, but nothing is really expected from him. In the meantime Kadri is/was special. We drafted him and we developed him. He bled blue and white and grew up with the team. There were so many expectations on him and as a matter of fact he lived up to all of them. He was used offensively and defensively. You knew in the thick of things when stuff was on the line Kadri always stood up. With time he actually turned into a veteran and a leader on the team. He is the perfect 2nd / 3rd line center that a team can want. I really blame Dubas on this. What was he thinking?!? Kadri for Barrie was a horrible trade and it can never be compensated with Kerfoot.
Brother, you took the thoughts right out of my head.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto

I’m with you.

I hated the trade then, and I still do.

I don’t have an issue with Kerfoot but I never wanted Barrie and he doesn’t appear to be a long-term fit here.

I honestly think the only reason Kadri is gone is his 2 stupid playoff suspensions. They badly hurt the Leafs and I think MLSE was livid with the 2nd one. He did compromise our roster and game plan, and I do believe it cost us both Bruins series. I do think we win them if Kadri was in our lineup.

It’s unfortunate all around, but I hated seeing Kadri dealt. I’m fine with kerfoot, but Barrie was never a player I wanted and the trade had been underwhelming thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad