Pre-Game Talk: Leafs at Flyers Nov 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Another team that has struggled with consistency. Their goaltending has been quite bad, but they are working on their defensive system and seeing some promising underlying results. Hopefully the boys can take advantage of them before they figure it all out.

A blowout win for us with all the big guys getting multiple points might be what they need to get their confidence back .

Reactions: The Podium

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
2 pts please

- regulation, OTW, shootout don't care
- we outplay them, freddy stands on his head we get out-corsi by flyers, we get lucky bounces but play like crap don't care

2 points please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Brown Dog

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Flyers will be coming off of a back to back as well.

No excuse really.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Fully expecting a win here. Sucks we have to wait so long for another game, though at least it's not a back to back :)

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Goaltending is below average by quite a bit... I'm a big fan of Andy, but he can be better... and Hutch has to steal a game or 10.

Marner is coming around a bit I think... and with JT back and Hyman soon... I think when that line gels again... it'll be a huge difference... no surprise there obviously.

The powerplay needs to improve... and we need to start getting more high slot scoring chances. That's down quite a bit.

If some of these numbers normalize we'll start winning a bunch... but for me the goaltending has to be better.

There was an article today that actually showed defensively we give up way less in high danger areas lately so their should be an improvement in GA you would think.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Goaltending is below average by quite a bit... I'm a big fan of Andy, but he can be better... and Hutch has to steal a game or 10.

Marner is coming around a bit I think... and with JT back and Hyman soon... I think when that line gels again... it'll be a huge difference... no surprise there obviously.

The powerplay needs to improve... and we need to start getting more high slot scoring chances. That's down quite a bit.

If some of these numbers normalize we'll start winning a bunch... but for me the goaltending has to be better.

There was an article today that actually showed defensively we give up way less in high danger areas lately so their should be an improvement in GA you would think.

I, for one, can't wait to watch Hyman get overused again :facepalm:

Reactions: ToMaLe

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Nice reset for the team, let’s reset our vitriol as fans too. Organization, fan base , deep breathes, as we exit all important October.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just find a way to win. That's it. Need to start picking up wins. This is an opponent they can beat. We will just have to see what they bring after a less than stellar first month of the season.

those 4 guys right there look like a rough, tough not to be messed with crowd that's gonna plow their way through the playoffs and bring the cup home

yup
That really is an image that screams "we get bounced in round 1."

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
that photo right there is your 2019 maple leafs, folks

the ones that are gonna bring it all home

what an intimidating, lethal-looking bunch aren't they?

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Still my fav. Grrrrrr.
714AC3D8-B96C-4ECE-BC28-062AC00C9281.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad