GDT: Leafs at Caps Tuesday 6 PM -- ESPN Frozen Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Jarnkrok has been a disappointing signing imo. Looked good at the start of last year and then completely fizzled in the playoffs. Doesnt deserves to be on that line. That's where Knies belong

He had decent chemistry with Matthews last year though, so I guess let's see
Don't see why dissapointing.
A long time vet that smashed his career high in goals last season by 4. Clearly breaking his career high in goals is not disappointing.

He will be this years Kerfoot. Up and down the lineup, PK and PP. Nice guy to have around.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Jarnkrok has been a disappointing signing imo. Looked good at the start of last year and then completely fizzled in the playoffs. Doesnt deserves to be on that line. That's where Knies belong

We need to find some balance, so that a few lines are scoring... if Knies can find that with Domi on the third line, it helps everywhere.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Gee, I wonder what Keefe is gonna do if they fall behind early again tonight?

Every other time his whole strategy has been to play the shit out of Matthews and Marner. And, good golly, he's doing it again. Matthews has played 120 minutes in 5 games for a whopping ATOI of 24 minutes per game.

Marner is the exact same.

It's always the same stupid stupid with Keefe. That's right, you heard me. Keefe is doubled down on stupid.

He's stupidly stupid.

What's the point of bringing in Bertuzzi if he's only getting 16 minutes a game with no pp opportunity? I can only imagine how impressed he is right now. Out there punching faces while Nylander is pissing himself crying in the corner.

That's the only time you'll find Nylander in the corner.

The Leafs need to start scoring first. Or they need to adjust their play. Because having Matthews and Marner on the ice for 24 minutes a game is not gonna end well.

"Us vs Them" teams tend to have problems that extend beyond just the on ice product.
….nylander scored the first goal against tampa

He’s been our best player this season. Your hatred of him is way too much.

Matthews and Marner have been very quiet the last 2-3 games, marners been quiet for most the season. Pointing out nylanders “corner” player when he has as many goals as Marner has points is odd. Their minutes should probably go to nylander until they start going

Weird to hate on the best player of the team

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Don't see why dissapointing.
A long time vet that smashed his career high in goals last season by 4. Clearly breaking his career high in goals is not disappointing.

He will be this years Kerfoot. Up and down the lineup, PK and PP. Nice guy to have around.
Absolute ghost in the playoffs and not first line material. I don't hate the guy. Was actually really pleased with him early on, but had zero impact when it mattered.

No one is saying he is not useful. He just doesn't belong on Line 1

We need to find some balance, so that a few lines are scoring... if Knies can find that with Domi on the third line, it helps everywhere.
For sure, hope the first line friends chemistry there. But guessing we will see knies on settle with line 1 eventually

Reactions: bax

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
We talked about a 2,1M player... a guy whos hit 20 and woukd hit 40 points without injury, who can play on pp, penalty kikl and on every situation on the ice sucessfully.. maybe what youre expecting from a 2,1M player is just not realistic because its a pretty good signing at 2,1M

Knies finally had a 1st good game alongside kampf and domi, no reason to move him from there to the top line.
Absolute ghost in the playoffs and not first line material. I don't hate the guy. Was actually really pleased with him early on, but had zero impact when it mattered. We needed secondary scoring and he didn't give it plus played soft

No one is saying is not useful. He just doesn't belong on Line 1. Hope he proves me wrong

Reactions: DarkKnight

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
….nylander scored the first goal against tampa

He’s been our best player this season. Your hatred of him is way too much.

Matthews and Marner have been very quiet the last 2-3 games, marners been quiet for most the season. Pointing out nylanders “corner” player when he has as many goals as Marner has points is odd. Their minutes should probably go to nylander until they start going

Weird to hate on the best player of the team

I agree wholeheartedly with your points on nylander. I would say I disagree somewhat on Matthews. Production has been quiet the last 3, but he’s been dangerous. Especially last game

Reactions: arso40

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I agree wholeheartedly with your points on nylander. I would say I disagree somewhat on Matthews. Production has been quiet the last 3, but he’s been dangerous. Especially last game
It wasn’t a dig on Matthews, he’s been very good. This isn’t like last year at all, he’s moving his feet, shooting and dictating play

I probably should’ve rephrased and said quieter than expected. He’s been a bit unlucky to not have a goal or two

Mostly used him as a comparable to the guy hating on nylander for some reason

Reactions: Sypher04 and arso40

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Absolute ghost in the playoffs and not first line material. I don't hate the guy. Was actually really pleased with him early on, but had zero impact when it mattered. We needed secondary scoring and he didn't give it plus played soft

No one is saying is not useful. He just doesn't belong on Line 1. Hope he proves me wrong

But what are youre expecting, seeing a 2,1M veteran driving your offensive in playoff + having defensive impact?

They get a guy who can go up and down the line up. do everything kerfoot did with more grit at 60 % of his salary. You need to kind of player and you cant hope than get rookie player or random plauer youre taking a guest with at min salary will do it over and over again...

Reactions: kb and Jojalu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
""

This one is sure to be well received.

No matter what any other coach says, I am thinking about Torts last year, it will never change how people feel about Keefe.

Coaches won't throw another coach under the bus, but they don't have to go out of their way to compliment

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
But what are youre expecting, seeing a 2,1M veteran driving your offensive in playoff + having defensive impact?

They get a guy who can go up and down the line up. do everything kerfoot did with more grit at 60 % of his salary. You need to kind of player and you cant hope than get rookie player or random plauer youre taking a guest with at min salary will do it over and over again...
I'm not expecting him to drive the offense, but I do expect secondary scoring, including at 2.1 M. He did not play with grit. I expected much more from him

Knies, however, provided secondary scoring and grit as a brand new rookie

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Thanks for the jinx.
I reverse that jinx

1698179152668.gif

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

It’s a no brainer whether you want a Bertuzzi or Jarnkrok on a playoff first line. He was useless last year, he tried but his game doesn‘t translate. It‘s a fine short term move and he will get his apples, but don’t be fooled.

Reactions: Crazy Monkey

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

What is the expectation for 2M a year?

Reactions: kb

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
What is the expectation for 2M a year?
Quick math breakdown on Jarnkrok.

Last season tied for 120th in league scoring which = 4th leading scorer per team on avg (120th divided by 30 teams)
4th leading scorer on a team means just outside of a top line guy without the benefit of PP1

= BARGIN

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I'm not expecting him to drive the offense, but I do expect secondary scoring, including at 2.1 M. He did not play with grit. I expected much more from him

Knies, however, provided secondary scoring and grit as a brand new rookie

Knies is the best leafs rookie since matthews... not a great exemple

From a 2,1 M player... if you get more than 5 pts from 11 gane stretche from that kind of player ( whos not a rookie) you will be very lucky... 2-3-4-5 pts... it what you will get from 2,1 M player most of the time...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojalu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad