GDT: Leafs at Caps Tuesday 6 PM -- ESPN Frozen Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Frozen Frenzy
Calle “Gainey” Jarnkrok gets moved to the top line while Joe freakin Carey Woll gets the nod in net.

Meanwhile Bert “the road runner” Bertuzzi gets to play with the red hot duo on the second line.

Meanwhile Guy Knies gets another start with Max “Serge” Domi and David Trembley Kampf.
IMG_2662.jpeg

Last edited:

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Jarnkrok has been a disappointing signing imo. Looked good at the start of last year and then completely fizzled in the playoffs. Doesnt deserves to be on that line. That's where Knies belong

He had decent chemistry with Matthews last year though, so I guess let's see

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Jarnkrok has been a disappointing signing imo. Looked good at the start of last year and then completely fizzled in the playoffs. Doesnt deserves to be on that line. That's where Knies belongs
He has 21 goals and 41 points mostly playing 3rd line with the odd jump up to top six.

He makes 2.1 per year. Not really sure what you thought he was going to bring?

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Jarnkrok has been a disappointing signing imo. Looked good at the start of last year and then completely fizzled in the playoffs. Doesnt deserves to be on that line. That's where Knies belongs
I disagree. For $2.1M you can’t really ask for more. He’s a steady presence defensively and can fill in wherever. He can play C as well which I’m surprised we haven’t tried yet.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
He has 21 goals and 41 points mostly playing 3rd line with the odd jump up to top six.

He makes 2.1 per year. Not really sure what you thought he was going to bring?
He absolutely disappeared in the playoffs. Provided no secondary scoring and played soft. I was excited to see what he could do but was really disappointed personally. Knies as rookie had a way bigger impact

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It's not Jarnkrok's fault that he's being played higher in the lineup than he should be, that's a failing of Keefe and management for not figuring out a third option for that line, or even failing to create new combinations altogether since Keefe has Nylander stapled to JT and Marner stapled to Matthews.

Jarnkrok makes $2.1M/yr and produced well last season, although he had a disappointing playoffs.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
It's not Jarnkrok's fault that he's being played higher in the lineup than he should be, that's a failing of Keefe and management for not figuring out a third option for that line, or even failing to create new combinations altogether since Keefe has Nylander stapled to JT and Marner stapled to Matthews.

Jarnkrok makes $2.1M/yr and produced well last season, although he had a disappointing playoffs.
Yep agreed. Shouldn't be on the first line and had bad playoffs. That's all that I was pointing out

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Whats with this spread out schedule so far, so many days between games...

Gonna probably be a crapload of back to backs in the 2nd half of season.

Reactions: Finger Licking Good

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

That leaves Domi setting up Kampf and Jarnkrok. Don't really see a fit there he needs someone to pass to. He had good chemistry with Knies last game might as well give them some more time together.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Whats with this spread out schedule so far, so many days between games...

Gonna probably be a crapload of back to backs in the 2nd half of season.
Had to check after reading this.. I count 8 b2b's through the season, fairly spread out.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Not a bad looking lineup

I might have tried Holmberg between Knies and Domi to give the line more offensive punch but the bottom 6 looked miles better last game so i can understand the reluctance to change it

Woll deserves the start and I cheer everytime I see Klingberg and McCabe aren't paired together

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Not a bad looking lineup

I might have tried Holmberg between Knies and Domi to give the line more offensive punch but the bottom 6 looked miles better last game so i can understand the reluctance to change it

Woll deserves the start and I cheer everytime I see Klingberg and McCabe aren't paired together
Same here ... in the bolded.

That's the one change I'd maybe make but maybe they want him to get in a few more games first and then they'll try him up in the 3C spot.

Reactions: Kiwi

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Take a look at the NHL site, lol! According to it games start at 6pm starting with us and then 15 minutes apart all night long to 10pm. WTF!Lol!
Seriously, what is that? You'd think there'd be some media about whatever it is that is.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The schedule says 6 but I just thought it was a mistake.
Not sure why, strange.
Was hoping to be back from the golf course in plenty of time for the start but probably have to TIVO now.

Reactions: Jojalu

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
So, that's the 6th different forward lineup in 6 games? At least the 5th.
Keefe is looking to break his own record...

Reactions: supermann_98

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Take a look at the NHL site, lol! According to it games start at 6pm starting with us and then 15 minutes apart all night long to 10pm. WTF!Lol!
Oh yes....

It is a big day in the US for hockey. They are launching a new program that will be like RedZone for football.

All 32 teams playing and they want to show every PP, every goal etc..

Not sure why, strange.
Was hoping to be back from the golf course in plenty of time for the start but probably have to TIVO now.
This week looks great for golf. Have to get those last couple rounds in.

Friday looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad