GDT: Leafs at Caps Tuesday 6 PM -- ESPN Frozen Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Tomorrow night's 6 pm start is far from the most bizarre game time for the Leafs this year.

That comes next month when the Leafs only play 3 games in a stretch from Nov. 12-24 and a lot of fans are going to hate the game times for all 3.

Why?

First, the Leafs go to Stockholm (with Sens, Wings, and Wild) as part of the NHL Global Series. They play two games there:

* Friday, November 17 @ Wings (8 pm in Stockholm, 2 pm ET, 11 am PT)

* Sunday, November 19 @ Wild (2 pm in Stockholm, 8 am ET, 5 am PT)

Then, the Leafs return to North America and play a Black Friday game against the Blackhawks:

* Friday, November 24 @ Blackhawks (1 pm in Chicago, 2 pm ET, 11 am PT)

So, in comparison, a 6 pm start isn't too bad.

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
That leaves Domi setting up Kampf and Jarnkrok. Don't really see a fit there he needs someone to pass to. He had good chemistry with Knies last game might as well give them some more time together.
Knies-Kampf-Domi showed a really nice ability to make forced turnovers and quick transitions, seems like a nice spot for Kampf to make a difference without necessarily getting points. Nice line.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
...First, the Leafs go to Stockholm (with Sens, Wings, and Wild) as part of the NHL Global Series. They play two games there:

* Friday, November 17 @ Wings (8 pm in Stockholm, 2 pm ET, 11 am PT)

* Sunday, November 19 @ Wild (2 pm in Stockholm, 8 am ET, 5 am PT)

Then, the Leafs return to North America and play a Black Friday game against the Blackhawks:

* Friday, November 24 @ Blackhawks (1 pm in Chicago, 2 pm ET, 11 am PT)...
Yuk. Not sure I want to trade my typical evening game refreshments for coffee, cereal and toast.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Honestly, f*** these games that are occasionally on TSN

Making us subscribe to multiple streaming services, and TSN having a dog shit browser based service.

I won’t be watching any of the TSN games

Last edited:
Reactions: TMLife17

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
There was some talk about it when the schedule came out. And I've heard and seen it talked about a few times since.
Guess I missed it. Good luck to the concept I guess, anything pushing HRR higher is good news for the Leafs.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Let’s promote the trash. Jarnkrok sucks. He’s done nothing. Keefe you’re an idiot.

Glad Woll is in. Kids a stud.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
If Knies and Domi can carry Kampf on a line that’s amazing, hopefully they have chemistry and it wasn’t a one off. Ultimately, I’d prefer Holmberg in the 3 hole, but…
Agreed. Kampf is a black whole. Provides absolutely f*** all offensively. Put him on the 4th line and move Holmberg to line 3 with Domi and Knies

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Thanks for the jinx.

Watching this game and my buddy says at least got a tie.

I said it ain't over yet.

So, who jinx'd?

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Agreed. Kampf is a black whole. Provides absolutely f*** all offensively. Put him on the 4th line and move Holmberg to line 3 with Domi and Knies

Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 8.07.09 AM.png

This is the issue.

That line is getting caved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad