Proposal: Leafs and Ducks

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Ah the ole talk down on the player to try to get hfboards to settle for less.

i assume you don’t watch Rakell much at all
I don't watch the ducks a ton maybe 10 games a season. He hasn't been his regular self for 3 seasons now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't watch the ducks a ton maybe 10 games a season. He hasn't been his regular self for 3 seasons now.
He actually looks fine this year.... if your just looking at points and trying to judge an offensive player on an anemic offense your going to have a flawed view.

he was playing with an injured wrist one of those seasons, which if you watch Rakell play is basically the worst part of his body he could injure.

He’s been good this year despite the lack of offense around him, I think most pro scouts in playoff hunt will def like what they see from Rakell and be interested in adding him. I get this is hfboards and people just read goal and point column and call it a night

there’s a high chance we can sign Rakell if we want too, and if the value isn’t there in trades... he’d be a good compliment to a guy like zegras or a diff young center

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
If Rakell had a league average shooting % he'd have about the same amount of points as Nylander who plays on a stacked offense. :/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The problem isn't Rakell its the price being asked. Robertson won't be in any trade involving a rental.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
If the Ducks are looking for a skilled forward in their rebuild, I think they'd have better luck getting Amirov from the Leafs. Robertson factors into the lineup now, for a team looking to contend. Amirov is going to be excellent, but he's a couple years away.

Something like...

To Anaheim
Rodion Amirov
2nd round pick
4th round pick or equivalent player
Pierre Engvall (to make the money work)

To Toronto
Rickard Rackell (50% retained)

1st + 2nd + 4th + a cheap, young, roster player would likely be Rackell's value retained.

Last edited:
Reactions: Getz2noone

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
It seems as though the Galchenyuk deal has alot to do with moving of contracts as well

Anaheim is looking at getting equity out of Getzlaf and will retain

TO LEAFS
Getzlaf retained to (4.8M)
Rakell no retention (3.789)
Manson no retention (4.1)

TOTAL = 12.66M

TO DUCKS
Nylander (6.96)
Kerfoot (3.5)
Dermott (874k)
Engvall (1.2)
2021 Unprotected 1st

TOTAL = 12.534
i know they have some pieces that would look good on the leafs but the only real guy that interests me would be gibson, if i was dubasss i would offer freddy and nylander dermot kerfoot robertson and a first for gibson and rakell and manson, now i am dreaming but would be nice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad