Proposal: Leafs and Ducks

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The Ducks could get more value trading them separately.

It is basically Nylander + late 1st. The other 3 do nothing for the Ducks.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
No i dont want such a terrible package. Leafs fans overvalue tf out of their players and assets lmaooooo

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Factoring in that the pick will likely be around 28th-31st in a weak draft it’s not that great of a deal for the Ducks either.
The 2020 13th overall pick and the 2019 22nd overall pick are making the Canes and Kings pretty happy. I appreciate your support thinking that the Leafs will make the conference or cup finals, but that's a dangerous thing to be posting on the mainboards ;)

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Factoring in that the pick will likely be around 28th-31st in a weak draft it’s not that great of a deal for the Ducks either.

What I have rad is that this draft does not have the top end talent but come middle of first is very comparable to other drafts as far as how deep it is.

Given lack of scouting I think there is a real possibility best player in draft comes later than usual. More lotto tickets a team has the better.

That all said neither team does this.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The 2020 13th overall pick and the 2019 22nd overall pick are making the Canes and Kings pretty happy. I appreciate your support thinking that the Leafs will make the conference or cup finals, but that's a dangerous thing to be posting on the mainboards ;)

Not sure what this has to do with the value of the Leafs pick in the 2021 draft.
Those drafts are a lot different then this year, and those picks are also way higher, especially the 13th overall.

Reactions: McDonald19

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Manson would be an expensive bottom pairing defenseman. That would probably put the nix on the deal.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Not sure what this has to do with the value of the Leafs pick in the 2021 draft.
Those drafts are a lot different then this year, and those picks are also way higher, especially the 13th overall.
The point is that the Leafs are not going to trade their first under the assumption that it will be 28th overall or later. It's a late first, but don't nickel and dime us on the basis of expected playoff success. The Leafs did not trade the 13th overall to get rid of Marleau, they traded a pick that they were hoping would be a late first and look how it turned out.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The point is that the Leafs are not going to trade their first under the assumption that it will be 28th overall or later. It's a late first, but don't nickel and dime us on the basis of expected playoff success. The Leafs did not trade the 13th overall to get rid of Marleau, they traded a pick that they were hoping would be a late first and look how it turned out.

That trade was made in the summer, not when a quarter of the season is gone.
How are they even comparable?

The Leafs would have to have an epic collapse in order to finish outside of the playoffs.
Not to mention you assume this trade makes them better.

Reactions: McDonald19

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

The Leafs would have to have an epic collapse in order to finish outside of the playoffs.

To be fair, Marleau for nothing made us better.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
It seems as though the Galchenyuk deal has alot to do with moving of contracts as well

Anaheim is looking at getting equity out of Getzlaf and will retain

TO LEAFS
Getzlaf retained to (4.8M)
Rakell no retention (3.789)
Manson no retention (4.1)

TOTAL = 12.66M

TO DUCKS
Nylander (6.96)
Kerfoot (3.5)
Dermott (874k)
Engvall (1.2)
2021 Unprotected 1st

TOTAL = 12.534
sign me up and i personally will drive them to the airport......

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

That's why I included another example of a mid season trade where it ended up 22nd overall, just one year prior. That trade got us Muzzin and Campbell which made us miles better. The Leafs aren't going to miss the playoffs, but everyone loves pointing out first round losses and those teams don't pick 28th-31st overall. This really isn't that complicated.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's why I included another example of a mid season trade where it ended up 22nd overall, just one year prior. That trade got us Muzzin and Campbell which made us miles better. The Leafs aren't going to miss the playoffs, but everyone loves pointing out first round losses and those teams don't pick 28th-31st overall. This really isn't that complicated.

I think you nailed the point, there is no chance the leafs miss playoffs.... so there is really little reward chance on that 1st. 22nd and 28th have pretty similar chances of being valuable players. At this point your splitting hairs on his point.

Thread should be locked anyway tho, it’s not a very good offer for Anaheim.... and not the right trade for the leafs. Too many pieces

maybe just target Rakell or Manson w/ retention, that gives the leafs another good asset for 2 playoff runs

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Any trade discussion with the Leafs for Rakell has to start with Robertson coming back to Anaheim. We do not want spare parts like Engvall

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Any trade discussion with the Leafs for Rakell has to start with Robertson coming back to Anaheim. We do not want spare parts like Engvall
No way the leafs trade robertson for a player like rakell. If those are the expectations for his return you will be very disappointed.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
It seems as though the Galchenyuk deal has alot to do with moving of contracts as well

Anaheim is looking at getting equity out of Getzlaf and will retain

TO LEAFS
Getzlaf retained to (4.8M)
Rakell no retention (3.789)
Manson no retention (4.1)

TOTAL = 12.66M

TO DUCKS
Nylander (6.96)
Kerfoot (3.5)
Dermott (874k)
Engvall (1.2)
2021 Unprotected 1st

TOTAL = 12.534

great name one would almost think it's an attempt at a pun:naughty:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
No way the leafs trade robertson for a player like rakell. If those are the expectations for his return you will be very disappointed.
Then the Leafs aren't getting Rakell and can go look for another team to bend over for them and trade them a top6 forward on a cheap contract for scraps like Engvall or Kerfoot.

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
Then the Leafs aren't getting Rakell and can go look for another team to bend over for them and trade them a top6 forward on a cheap contract for scraps like Engvall or Kerfoot.
Dermott and a first would be fair value for rakell. I could see that being done at the deadline.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Thats fine, the leafs should target someone better then rakell. Hes been sub par for a while now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Dermott and a first would be fair value for rakell. I could see that being done at the deadline.
Why the hell would we want dermott... leaf fans never look at other teams needs and think every team wants to do them a favor.

a very late first + a lhd that holds basically no value to us

when you say stuff like would be fair value but don’t take into consideration what works for other team, your not really looking at fair value

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
Why the hell would we want dermott... leaf fans never look at other teams needs and think every team wants to do them a favor.

a very late first + a lhd that holds basically no value to us

when you say stuff like would be fair value but don’t take into consideration what works for other team, your not really looking at fair value
You don’t get to choose when you are bottom of the league. You just acquire talent because you aren’t one or two players away from turning it around. A good young ld with potential and a first pick is good for essentially a rental.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You don’t get to choose when you are bottom of the league. You just acquire talent because you aren’t one or two players away from turning it around. A good young ld with potential and a first pick is good for essentially a rental.
And we certainly could choose to just keep him.

essentially a rental? How does one become essentially a rental.

Dermott has 0 value to Anaheim, and most every team in league would beat that offer. We have lindholm and Fowler, + a lot of young lhd fighting for that last spot. Dermott is a useless asset to us

dermott is 24 and basically an average bottom pair dmen.... he’s not exactly turning the franchise around :laugh:

And please don’t come back with the we will lose him in the expansion draft.... dubas isn’t trading for a 2 year player with the intention of losing him at expansion, and even if he was, the ducks arnt sitting there saying oh well Toronto is going to expose him in expansion draft so we should cut em a deal on him, it’s not fair to make them pay full price if they are going to lose him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad