Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Pickard

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
We won't see him with the Leafs unless Andersen gets hurt.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
solid get. nice to have in the ahl. smart not to pick him up on waivers.

but now i'm scared they choose kaskisuo over sparks, even though he stinks.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Very nice move. This was necessary to address our organizational goaltending need. I don't know who will eventually sieze the opportunity but I like the added options. If Picard was a bright spot on a dismal Avs season then it could bode well for us.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
solid get. nice to have in the ahl. smart not to pick him up on waivers.

but now i'm scared they choose kaskisuo over sparks, even though he stinks.

Yeah I think they will as well and don’t agree with it. There has to be a personality issue with Sparks or something because he’s done well and just doesn’t seem to be given credit for it

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Goaltending was one of the few areas which lacked depth. He played well for Canada, in front of a good defensive system/coaches he will not doubt fair better than he did with the Avs.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
4th liner at best for Lindburg, a 6th is peanuts. Zip zero ziltch.

is connor brown zip zero zilthc? 6th round pick. I dont have a problem with the trade i dont know enough about pickard to say if its an overpay but a 6th isnt nothing. Lindberg being a forward part of this orginization is pretty much nothing

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
Then I ask... is an AHL goaltender really worth a good prospect and 6th when we already have a solid and potentially better goaltender in Sparks?

Can you really call Lindberg a good prospect though? Yes, if fairness he was buried behind a level of depth that he wouldn’t see anywhere else but at the same time he’s buried because the other people are better then him and if you’re buried behind a Ahl roster I’m not sure you can be called a good prospect

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Can't go wrong with this move. No reason not to think Pickard can be an above average backup in this league, still only 25 and he was about a .927 goalie without Colorado before last year. For now, this should motivate McElhinney to be better knowing that his spot isn't going to be gifted to him, and I'm sure Pickard will get his moment to shine sometime down the road.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
YES NO MORE MCBACKUP

You confuse me.

maxresdefault.jpg

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Good trade, I think Pickard will end up taking McBackup's job, but even if he doesn't it's a good contingency plan moving forward.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I have been saying for months if they truly wanted Mcbackup they wouldn't have gone after anyone else in the off season I told I was wrong I waas told I didn't know what I was talking about.

Today I was proven right if they truly wanted Mcbackup they wouldn't have made this trade

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
I have been saying for months if they truly wanted Mcbackup they wouldn't have gone after anyone else in the off season I told I was wrong I waas told I didn't know what I was talking about.

Today I was proven right if they truly wanted Mcbackup they wouldn't have made this trade

As Lou says, we have a 5 year plan that changes daily.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Then I ask... is an AHL goaltender really worth a good prospect and 6th when we already have a solid and potentially better goaltender in Sparks?

Vegas probably told us we owe them for protecting Leivo and leivoing them only Leipsic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad