Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Pickard

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Interesting....so they let Vegas waive him for the Leafs?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Wow, so we were waiting for him to clear, interesting. I would have just waived McBackup but I didn't care for Lindberg, and a 6th is meh, at least we can have him as depth now. I like it

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
sent straight to the marlies. didnt come in to take mcbackups spot. Nice though lindberg wasnt really a core prospect and 6th

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
They did what I thought we were doing with Marincin. Got a player through waivers so that another team could acquire him and not have to put him on their NHL team.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Wow, so we were waiting for him to clear, interesting. I would have just waived McBackup but I didn't care for Lindberg, and a 6th is meh, at least we can have him as depth now. I like it

a 6th round pick got the player in your avatar, Connor Brown. But in the grand scheme im pretty sure we have 2 2nds this year but we lose our 3rd to NJD

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Thats fine by me. Getting Pickard is a good move, and adds depth in a position that we were lacking in. He still has upside as well.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

Young depth. Leafs need young competition in net. Something I feel has been overlooked with all the forward hype

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
a 6th round pick got the player in your avatar, Connor Brown. But in the grand scheme im pretty sure we have 2 2nds this year but we lose our 3rd to NJD

We also have SJ's 3rd round pick from the Reimer trade.

This is a great pickup - he's better than McBackup right now and we gave up essentially nothing for him. I would feel relatively comforotable now if Andersen got injured for an extended period of time.

He's only 25, and had very good numbers in 14/15 and 15/16 - I wouldn't put much stock in his numbers from last year on that trainwreck Avs team (and they weren't bad for a backup regardless).

This also potentially frees up a spot for a guy like Bracco on the Marlies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Makes far too much sense.

Now they can stash Pickard with the Marlies for the time being and bring him up at some point in the season if Andersen gets injured or if McBackup isn't really up to par.

I would say this is the end of Sparks in the near future though, which is unfortunate because I still think he's a solid third stringer.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Very Happy with this move. Will feel better going forward with him as a potential backup. Plus we still have Woll cooking. All in all a successful move in my opinion.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
We also have SJ's 3rd round pick from the Reimer trade.

This is a great pickup - he's better than McBackup right now and we gave up essentially nothing for him. I would feel relatively comforotable now if Andersen got injured for an extended period of time.

dont get me wrong i have no problem with the move. McBackup is still witht he leafs Pickard is going to the marlies though youd think if he was this clear upgrade on mcbackup they would of waived him and taken Pickard straight to the leafs

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tobias Lindberg is a solid player. Just no chance with us.

He should possibly get NHL time at some point with Vegas though.

That said... Andersen, McBackup, Pickard, Sparks. Our goalie depth isn't really an issue anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad